SBS - The best value in QMS software

Referencing other documents in Control Plans

S

Sandy S

I work for an injection molding company. I am revising our control plans. I am making it more general because they are not really used except for during PPAP. Then only used as a required document. The reason is because we have so many other controls. I am still following AIAG Format. Except where I would normally list the control item specification I am putting " Refer to daily inspection standard" or "refer to packing standard". Under packing I am replacing the actual information and putting W/I numbers and "refer to packing standard". Will this be acceptable for a TS Audit? Please Help!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Control Plan Question

I work for an injection molding company. I am revising our control plans. I am making it more general because they are not really used except for during PPAP. Then only used as a required document. The reason is because we have so many other controls. I am still following AIAG Format. Except where I would normally list the control item specification I am putting " Refer to daily inspection standard" or "refer to packing standard". Under packing I am replacing the actual information and putting W/I numbers and "refer to packing standard". Will this be acceptable for a TS Audit? Please Help!!
We should view it to give an opinion. However to be compliant you shall meet the requirements of Annex A2 of ISO TS.
For a general standpoint, control plan shall be a living document used by the affected personnel and not only for bureacracy. My personal opinion is to put all the requested details in CP.

qusys

I have attached a copy for review... please give me your input.

Thnks
Not sure if it is fully compliant. Some auditor could argument that process parameters are not directly reported in Control Plan but only referenced. Looking at the ISO TS standard, only reaction plan is allowed to be referenced.
However, consider that the auditor check for the effectiveness of the CP. He will interview personnel in all stage of the process flow to assess if the CP is effectively and efficiently used. So, even though the parameters are only referenced and personnel demonstrate in depth knowledge of CP usage, it could issue an observation.
This is my opinion, waiting for additional feedback of more expert Covers too.:bigwave:

qusys

Thank you very much this was helpful.
Appreciate your thanks, Sandy.
Welcome on this forum, that is very precious as a source of information and support. You can find experts that can share ideas, support and advices for all quality issues.
Nice to meet you!:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Referencing of a standard's year in routine regulatory compliance documents Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
M Referencing Standards in Engineering and Regulatory Documents Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
R Para 4.2.2 b) Referenced Documents - Adequate referencing? Copy and Paste? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Work instructions - Referencing other documents including procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
M Referencing Harmonised Standards in Declarations of Conformity EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Referencing the MDR by name in QMS SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J Referencing Medical Device in FDA records - Package contains several other components Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Informational EC – Guide for referencing standards in public procurement in Europe (JIS Action 11) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
B Referencing to Supplier Outputs within our Document Control System 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M Referencing ISO 9001:2015 clause for Audit General Auditing Discussions 10
S Referencing International Standards as Design Input Design and Development of Products and Processes 5
D Referencing Standards in Procedures - Current version or actual? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
S Referencing procedures on Control Plans - Best Practices FMEA and Control Plans 3
P Question on First Article Inspection referencing ISO 2768 APQP and PPAP 1
J Referencing the DMR (Design Master Record) in the PO Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Q Referencing EN 63204:2006 instead of EN 62304:2006 AC:2008 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
Q Referencing a Specification in a Work Instruction as a ?Guidance Document? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Crusader 7.6 Calibration (referencing outsourcing) in the Quality Manual Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
P Referencing of Forms in Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Referencing the Regulation in a Design Specification 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C Referencing or Using a Master Part to take Measurements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
R Referencing and Controlling Labels & Stickers used internally throughout Production Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Q AS9100 and NADCAP - Our QM was told that referencing IPC 620 was acceptable AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Referencing somebody else?s CE Mark and NB Number on an Instruction Leaflet? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
N Cross-Referencing ISO 9001/ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 17
K Question about referencing software - Database Records Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
L Surveillance Audit - NC for not referencing requirement of Cl 6.4 in audit plan ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
A Calling / Referencing National Standards in Quality Manuals Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
Dazza 9001, 14001 and 45001 mandatory documents and records cross reference matrix Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
M Documents to be included in 1.3 Material check in PPA report APQP and PPAP 4
J Requirement for Retention of Records of Withdrawn Documents of External Origin Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
T Sharing SharePoint Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
eule del ayre Documented Information - Periodic Review of Documents? IATF 16949:2016 / ISO 9001:2015 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 34
M Retention period of documents and records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D Offsite storage of QMS documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
K Joint approval between OEM and Manufacturer on Design Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
was named killer AS 9100D - Calibration Instructions - Controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
C Corrective action for failure in documents control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A QMS Overhaul - Reorganizing and Renaming Documents - Internal References Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
J Controlled information versus defined documents / records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D DQ documents of new equipment - Function specification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
B Using Unreleased Documents & Process Maps for Internal Audit purposes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
N Device Labeling - Medtronic Ventilator Files (Risk Management documents) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
qualprod To set frequency to review documents in ISO 9001 7.5? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
S Mandatory documents vs shall "something" but without mandatory documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
I Reissuing documents due to missing version / issue numbers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Dating controlled documents after changes - Revision History Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
C Document Control Stamps - Does anyone still stamp their documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
M Advertising medical devices in the U.S - Advertising regulations or guidance documents Other US Medical Device Regulations 3