Referencing other documents in Control Plans

S

Sandy S

I work for an injection molding company. I am revising our control plans. I am making it more general because they are not really used except for during PPAP. Then only used as a required document. The reason is because we have so many other controls. I am still following AIAG Format. Except where I would normally list the control item specification I am putting " Refer to daily inspection standard" or "refer to packing standard". Under packing I am replacing the actual information and putting W/I numbers and "refer to packing standard". Will this be acceptable for a TS Audit? Please Help!!

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Control Plan Question

I work for an injection molding company. I am revising our control plans. I am making it more general because they are not really used except for during PPAP. Then only used as a required document. The reason is because we have so many other controls. I am still following AIAG Format. Except where I would normally list the control item specification I am putting " Refer to daily inspection standard" or "refer to packing standard". Under packing I am replacing the actual information and putting W/I numbers and "refer to packing standard". Will this be acceptable for a TS Audit? Please Help!!

We should view it to give an opinion. However to be compliant you shall meet the requirements of Annex A2 of ISO TS.
For a general standpoint, control plan shall be a living document used by the affected personnel and not only for bureacracy. My personal opinion is to put all the requested details in CP.

S

Sandy S

I have attached a copy for review... please give me your input.

Thnks

Attachments

• AF064332-0220 (28) 12-10-12.xls
    853 KB · Views: 218

qusys

I have attached a copy for review... please give me your input.

Thnks

Not sure if it is fully compliant. Some auditor could argument that process parameters are not directly reported in Control Plan but only referenced. Looking at the ISO TS standard, only reaction plan is allowed to be referenced.
However, consider that the auditor check for the effectiveness of the CP. He will interview personnel in all stage of the process flow to assess if the CP is effectively and efficiently used. So, even though the parameters are only referenced and personnel demonstrate in depth knowledge of CP usage, it could issue an observation.
This is my opinion, waiting for additional feedback of more expert Covers too.:bigwave:

qusys

Thank you very much this was helpful.

Appreciate your thanks, Sandy.
Welcome on this forum, that is very precious as a source of information and support. You can find experts that can share ideas, support and advices for all quality issues.
Nice to meet you!:bigwave:

Top Bottom