Referring to previously submitted biocompatibility results in a new 510(k) submission

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource
Hello Fellows,
Has anyone had experience with submitting a 510(k) application and referring to a biocompatibility test results which belongs to a previously approved submission of a similar product instead of submitting a new set of biocompatibility test results? This of course is based on the premise that there is 100% equivalence in the material selection and manufacturing method.

I can't see a reason why it should't go through, but I am curious to learn from other peoples experiences.

Thanks!
Shimon

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Asia78

Involved In Discussions
Hi Shimon,
No your approach will not be acceptable to fda. You shall provide the test related to your device, no matter if another device had same material and compatibility tests, you have to prove that your device is safe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoCam Scope of Certification referring to Design ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
R Terminology for referring to a product that has an approved Technical File EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Referring to ISO standards in Internal Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
T A good method for referring to an SOP within another SOP Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
R How do I show the Interaction of Processes in the Quality Manual referring to 4.1(b)? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 46
E New Standard's Name - Referring to ISO 9001 in our documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
D Is "Employee Satisfaction" referring to satisfaction with the quality system IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
J Adding a UDI Compliant Label to previously manufactured devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
I Inclusion of 7.3 design and development (previously excluded) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Can previously packaged/labled devices be date extended? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
P Reverting back to old and previously approved material - PPAP Re-submission? APQP and PPAP 24
H Do I have the required experience for CQE? Previously a mechanical engineer with BA Professional Certifications and Degrees 4
D Not a SaMD - How to be submitted for marketing authorization in EU and USA CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
E Changes to medical device submitted through a variation? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Conduct Customer Satisfaction Survey for every submitted Bid? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V What Ford Phase PPAP Level should DV testing be submitted? APQP and PPAP 1
H Follow up mail for the submitted resignation, reminder mail of submitted resignation Career and Occupation Discussions 4
Q The Internal Audit Report will be submitted to myself Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
Q Requirement for All Dimensions on the Print on the Control Plan submitted with PPAP APQP and PPAP 19
K First Article Inspection - What are the Documents that need to be submitted with it? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
SteveK Have you submitted a Technical File yet? Directive 2007/47/EC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 10
S Can PPAP be submitted when not all customer requirements can be met? APQP and PPAP 5
A CDRH Guidance Document - Software bugs submitted in 510(k): Quantity or Quality? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
D Should QSRD codes be included in Documents Submitted to Regulatory Bodies? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
J Laboratory Scope - Submitted a new PPAP for approval and the SQA rejected it General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
kedarg6500 Our supplier has submitted PPAP documents - What do I do next Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
F Have any of you submitted PPAP to Volvo using their DMIS measurement system? APQP and PPAP 5
S ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt - Format or any samples of two projects submitted Six Sigma 3
M Auditor interpretation of PO data - PO submitted for outside calibration General Auditing Discussions 2