Votes: 3 30.0%
  • NO, they have enough

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
db said:
Well, some of us are close. :bigwave:
I see [I think] - that means you and all auditors sink up to your chin when you walk on water. I'm pretty sure this is the reason for the auditor mantra,
"Don't make waves! Don't make waves!":lmao:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Marc said:
More and more registrars are focusing on the more $ oriented business, like AS9100 where they can still get a premium price for audits.
Pardon my cynicism(and sarcasm), but I didn't think they were in business for altruistic reasons. I thought it was to make a buck. I always wondered what they did before 1987.

D

db

Wes Bucey said:
I see [I think] - that means you and all auditors sink up to your chin when you walk on water.

I'm usually up to my chin, but it ain't in water! :whip:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Wes Bucey said:
Makes one wonder about the commission structure that would induce a guy to make a sales pitch at such an inappropriate moment.

Because...here's the "logic" of the whole thing...he was in Sales for the Registrar and doing audits to attain his Lead Auditor accreditation. Guess it was difficult for him to remember which hat he was wearing at the time.

Wes Bucey said:
If I had been there and it was my company, I would have shut the guy down in a heartbeat with the comment,
A sales pitch for your company's services is totally inappropriate at this time. Get back to the audit or leave!"

I would have also been on the phone to the home office immediately demanding ALL my money back if this character then had the gall to screw us with nonconformity findings as an act of revenge.

Thankfully, the findings (such as they were) had already been reviewed and signed off, prior to the Closing Meeting. But, for what it's worth, when the Registrar contacted us for feedback...well...for the second time, I took the lines they gave me to right, used a ruler and drew two more lines in between....they're getting the hint that we won't put up with any more nonsense from Auditors. One of our half-sister plants (we have 50% stake in this company) just "fired" the Auditor from the Registrar...he is not allowed back on the property...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Have you voted? If not, Please take a minute and vote in this poll!

Contemporary comments and discussion invited!

M

morgand - 2006

They are a business. So, they have to make more profit every year to be considered successful. Add to that that they will likely have to pay employees and consultants at least a bit more each year for cost of living, etc...

However, in the 6 years that I have been dealing with registrars, I have seen numerous billing (getting bills for other clients), accounting (over and under charges), scheduling (classes- we are not considering audits here), and other issues that if cleaned up, would help them. A little cashflow management or, dare I say, improvement(?).

Actually, we have often wondered if the registrars managed to pay their employees regularly or if that gets messed up as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
morgand said:
Actually, we have often wondered if the registrars managed to pay their employees regularly or if that gets messed up as well.

From my end, it is quite regular with no problems and very good.

Top Bottom