Registration and Surveillance Audit Cost Equations

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I know many registration bodies have a formula to calculate costs based on size of company or facility...

Do exemptions reduce that cost?

More specifically would it cost me more to stop excluding 7.3 with most registrars if we decided to begin doing D&D?

Randy

Super Moderator
Normally done by the audit day with different rates depending upon the standard and a couple other factors....Exclusions excluded

ANDY!!!!

AndyN

Moved On
I know many registration bodies have a formula to calculate costs based on size of company or facility...

More specifically would it cost me more to stop excluding 7.3 with most registrars if we decided to begin doing D&D?

Yes. There are a number of factors which permit audit time reductions on the basic audit day charts IAF MD 5. If you include Product Design, it will increase the time required to complete an audit.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Yes. There are a number of factors which permit audit time reductions on the basic audit day charts IAF MD 5. If you include Product Design, it will increase the time required to complete an audit.

significantly? I mean for a company that has a fairly simple process offered to customer that don't have the capability in-house, not a major component of the business.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

The formula is based on Mandays which is controlled by IAF MD 5:2009 Duration of QMS and EMS Audits or in the case of TS the rules of TS.
The reduction of design is an allowed reduction. Others are mentioned in the document.
This is the main cost, CBs also charge for certificates, maintenance etc which each decides according to there policy

Top Bottom