Registration Process Guidance for Custom-Made Medical Devices in South/Latin America

F

FR_md24

Dear all,

is there a particular regulation or procedure for custom-made medical devices in South America? Is the registration process the same as all other medical devices or there are specific dispositions (like in EU or Australia)?

Thank you very much

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Re: Registration Process for Custom-Made Medical Devices in South America

There are no "South-America" regulations, each country has its own regulations (as is the case of the rest of the world).

In Brazil, for example, custom-made devices follows the general registration procedures.

F

FR_md24

Thank you!
I am aware that no overall South America regulatory framework exists.

However, I can't find any specific information about custom-made medical device regulations in South America countries, so I am led into thinking that they follow the general registration procedures.

Do you know if other countries (i.e. Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela) have specific regulations?

Thank you again!

Marcelo

However, I can't find any specific information about custom-made medical device regulations in South America countries, so I am led into thinking that they follow the general registration procedures.

Do you know if other countries (i.e. Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela) have specific regulations?
Yes, sorry, you are right in this line of thought. I made review in the past and did not find any particular requirement for custom-made devices (I only know that ANVISA applies the general registration procedure because I asked them directly).

I?ve just performed another quick review on the old and new regulations for different countries and also did not find any specific.

So yes, in general they probably use the same registration procedure, unless there?s some obcure regulation that I don?t now about.

D

dallltho

Marcelo, I have been told that Custom-made (prescription products prescribed directly and made uniquely for 1 patient) requires some sort of authorization outside of the normal ANVISA registration process. Do you know if that is true? Since we both speak Portuguese, is there any Norma Instrutiva in Portuguese from ANVISA that offers any more information on this topic?

Thanks,

P.S. Regarding your review of the Latin America requirements for Custom devices, did you find anything for Mexico or Argentina? Any information or direction on how I can find out more information would be helpful.

D

dallltho

Guidance on Custom Devices in any Latin American Country: Brazil, Argentina, Colombia

Hello and que tal.
Just reaching out to see if anyone has found any good documents or guidances on Custom Devices (dispositivos recetados y hechos a la medida para pacientes especificos) and their requirements or exemptions from these countries. I am particularly looking for Colombia at present but if you know of others from ANVISA, COFEPRIS, ANMAT, etc please let me know.

Marcelo

Marcelo, I have been told that Custom-made (prescription products prescribed directly and made uniquely for 1 patient) requires some sort of authorization outside of the normal ANVISA registration process. Do you know if that is true? Since we both speak Portuguese, is there any Norma Instrutiva in Portuguese from ANVISA that offers any more information on this topic?
For custom-made orthopedic devices, you do not follow the registration procedure, however, you need to send clinical justification information to ANVISA, and they will give an authorization. For others, you do follow the normal registration process.

And no, there?s no guidance on that, unfortunately.

P.S. Regarding your review of the Latin America requirements for Custom devices, did you find anything for Mexico or Argentina? Any information or direction on how I can find out more information would be helpful.
Nope, sorry!

Marcelo

As I?ve put in another thread, I?ve just made another review on Colombia and found some info:

Now that you mention it, I did a quick review of Colombian requirements and ended up finding some stuff.

Here are two documents, on for GMP for custom-made orthopedic devices and one for custom-made eye devices.

However, I did not find other info. It seems that those devices do not need registration, however, the manufacturers do have to register the plants and have to fulfill the mentioned regs.

F

FR_md24

Re: Registration Process Guidance for Custom-Made Medical Devices in South/Latin Amer

Thank you very much!

tibon74

Involved In Discussions

Hi Marcelo,

If a custom instrument is used for the implantation of orthopedics implant (approved in brazil), should we follow the usel registration process?

thank you!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Identification of Russian Predicate Devices as part of the Registration Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Medical Devices Registration Process on the Portugal INFARMED Databank EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M What is the Brazil - ABIMED Registration Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
C How does the EPA Establishment Registration Process Work? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
Q PEAR (Process Effectiveness Assessment Report) Requirements for AS9100 Registration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T CFDA Simplifies Medical Device Re-Registration Process China Medical Device Regulations 1
M Informational Medical Device Registration Process in Brazil - Anvisa (Part 3) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 133
S Cadastre Process and Brazil Medical Device Registration Differences Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
M ISO 9001 Registration Process - Timeline for obtaining ISO 9001 certification Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
C Registration Process for Medical Devices in Taiwan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
M Medical Device Registration Process in Brazil - Anvisa (Part 2) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 71
C Medical Device Registration Process in Iraq Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C Medical Device Registration Process in Taiwan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
C Medical Device Registration Process in Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 12
C Medical Device Registration Process in Oman Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
B IVD ANVISA Registration Process in Brazil and Registration Change Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
R Seeking Medical Device Registration Process in Korea Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
I Medical Device Registration Process in Italy - Class I and Class II Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Q AS9100 Certification Process - It would automatically include ISO9001 Registration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R Class III Medical Device with CE Mark - UK Registration Process EU Medical Device Regulations 6
S Product Registration Process - Update from Emergo Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Medical Device Registration Process in Russia Other Medical Device Related Standards 12
M Medical Device Registration Process in Brazil - Anvisa (Part 1) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 301
Ajit Basrur Change in FDA Establishment Registration Fee process wef Oct 1, 2008 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
J Class III Medical Device with CE Mark Approval - India Registration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
B CE Marking using the ISO13485 Registration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
G ISO 9001:2000 Registration, but no process approach and no measurable objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M 7.3.2.2 - Process Design in Remanufacturing - Registration Finding for no DFMEA Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
A Are Unions Helpful To and ISO 9001 or TS 16949 Registration Process Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 14
G Query on the pharmaceutical excipients registration in Korea Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
A Registration of medical devices in Greece EU Medical Device Regulations 0
I Legacy device EUDAMED registration EU Medical Device Regulations 7
B EUDAMED 2 Different Registration EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Aliken Registration veterinary medical device (laser) requirements Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Z COVID-19 Antigen Test Kit (Self-test) Registration in Peru Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
G Confidentiality of information during MD registration worldwide Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Evidence of EUDAMED Registration ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
renenatasha Single Registration Number (SRN) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B Registration of a CE-marked medical device in Japan -Will they accept conformity with GSPRs? Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
M EUDAMED Registration tracker EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C Medical Device registration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
B Product registration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
blackholequasar A Registration Certificate... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
Q Corrective Action Notification - Registration Audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
Ed Panek ANNUAL FDA Registration - What 510(k) number to use? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
T Medical Device Registration in Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
C Issues with UDI-DI and LAA/LUA registration in Eudamed EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Did anyone hear business registration ontario? General Information Resources 1
J Japan registration need manual without temperature reading Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
D South Korea biocide registration Service Industry Specific Topics 0