Rejection during Sampling Inspection (Outgoing Quality Assurance)

J

jjremorin

Hi Im a newbie in the field of quality assurance. Would like to know during sampling inspection (outgoing quality assurance) here are the conditions:
i have sample size of 50 units per lot
with sampling plan of Ac:1, Re:2

randomly i detected a reject on my third unit followed by another reject at 5th unit, normally i need to subject the lot as REJECT or LOTOUT (as we have called it), my question is should i still continue my inspection until I finish the sample size of 50 units?

Your expertise is highly appreciated

TIA

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Hi Im a newbie in the field of quality assurance. Would like to know during sampling inspection (outgoing quality assurance) here are the conditions:
i have sample size of 50 units per lot
with sampling plan of Ac:1, Re:2

randomly i detected a reject on my third unit followed by another reject at 5th unit, normally i need to subject the lot as REJECT or LOTOUT (as we have called it), my question is should i still continue my inspection until I finish the sample size of 50 units?

Your expertise is highly appreciated

TIA
Whether or not you continue depends on what happens to the rejected lot. Leaving aside the efficacy of the sampling plan, if a rejected lot is going to be sorted, there isn't much point in doing the initial lot inspection beyond the point where defectives are discovered.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Is Op Amp Common-Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) test applicable to battery operated devices? Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
A Exact terms for a plating failure and difference between rejection rate and failure rate Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
T Supplier Sample Run Rejection ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Scoring 8Ds for Acceptance/Rejection Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
SATHYABALARAMAN Thread Plug Gauge - NO-GO Rejection Criteria General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
B Customer Inspection Frequency and Rejection Level Criteria - Sample Lot Size AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
M Changing PFMEA (Process FMEA) RPN Values based on a Rejection FMEA and Control Plans 5
R Development Rejection Costs in COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) Calculations Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
B Excel Sheet Format for Assembly line rejection of Auto Parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
P Can we use Control Charting to monitor Rejection Rate? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
J Calculating Defect Rate or Percent of Rejection Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
N Supplier Non Conformances - Format for a Supplier Rejection Form ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M How NCR CAR and ECO Interact - Customer Rejection Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
bobdoering The Penta-Lobe Thread Rejection - Just when you thought you have seen it all Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
N Nonconforming Product - 1st Piece Rejection Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
S Rejection rate statistical measurement Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S Incoming Goods Process Flowchart for Inspection - Rejection / Approval example Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
J Customer rejection because he "doesn't like it." - No specific rejection criteria Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
J When to Update PFMEA (Process FMEA) - Rejection is found at the customer FMEA and Control Plans 12
R Injection Molding Quality Improvement - 10% Rejection Rate for Nonfills Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Rejection Analysis Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
S Tensile made critical characteristic, but Cpk? High rate of rejection in a part Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
RoxaneB Manual Rejected - Unable to find "shall" to support rejection - Responsibility Matrix Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 50
D Acceptable Rejection Rates - Are there any industry standards or figures? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
P Customer Rejections - Accepted minimum criteria for rejection of supplied parts? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
E Where Can I Buy Two Part Rejection Tags? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
A Employee Support after Failed Promotion - Feelings of rejection, disillusionment, etc Career and Occupation Discussions 1
S Brexit 100% inspection during in process inspection Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
K Silver Plating corroding possible during SMT Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
B How many nonconformances have you received on average during IATF audits? General Auditing Discussions 24
Q Summative Usability Evaluation Testing: prior or during Clinical Investigation? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 6
M ECG lead leakage currents - How to specify ECG leads during electrical safety testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Disabling measurement data during fault conditions IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
B Oracle Cloud ERP Validation during Quarterly Patch ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
H Obligations as a contract manufacturer during an MDSAP audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A OEM On-Site Calibration issues during Covid19 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
C Documentation hold during submissions? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
C 21 CFR 803 malfunction detected during packaging - report? Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L Open Positions During AS9100 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L Internal audit during COVID-19 restrictions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Heat Sealers Upper and lower limit setting during OQ for Heat Sealer Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
John Broomfield Guidance on Safe Working During Covid-19 Pandemic Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Major nonconformity due to recurrence of a NC during a subsequent CB audit. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
S Is there a standard for sample size during R&D phase Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 18
Randy Remote auditing (for disaster, disease, disturbance etc...) during the Neo Coronavirus Pandemic and Social Distancing Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
K Analysis variation among the lots during cpk calculation. Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
G Question about Non-conformances during New Product Introduction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14