Relation of VDE mark with CE certification

Harsh

Involved In Discussions
Thanks, Mr. Charlie. Indeed, our purchase team is on it to find suppliers who can provide us the CE-compliant power cords.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
If you are sourcing a mains lead outside of Europe and placing it on the market in Europe, then you are taking on legal responsibility for it's compliance
Unless they only on-sell a CE marked one, in/with the original packaging and labeling, i.e. they act as a distributor.
The above is correct if the product is not CE marked (regardless of packaging etc.).

If the lead is integrated with/in another device that is verified with that specific lead, and CE marked as applicable to that device, the lead (a component in this case) doesn't need to be CE marked.

keya1tos

Registered
First of all - thanks a lot for great clarification to Ronen and Charlie.

I have additional questions regarding power supply cord and plug (non-detachable) as both these components defined as critical components in electrical safety, lab said they must be certified (certificate and assessed standard should be indicated in CDF of electrical safety test report).
Questions:
1) Do all cables must be certified by VDE (think no), or just sufficient compliance (test report) for EN 50525 (think this standard is applicable)?
2) Plugs: Should be mandatory tested according to EN/IEC 60884?
3) What about standards for each plug type C, E, F, G, J - each plug should comply with associated standard e.g. EN 50075, BS 1363, SEV SN 441011 etc. - bit this is only specification not test standars - am I right?

CharlieUK

Quite Involved in Discussions
A non-detachable power cord forms part of the product
They don't need to be certified by VDE, but they should be certified by someone such as VDE, TUV, Nemko, Demko, Semko, BSI
A test report for a (quite possibly unrelated) sample is not recommended and isn't proof that the sample you have in your hand today, and the one you buy next week, are compliant,
You could find a cable with a HAR Mark for example

Top Bottom