Relationship between TS16949 and 5 Core Tools & relationship between 5 Core Tools

T

tongxiaozhi

I am sorry for asking such simple quesitons, but I really don't have a clear picture about the relationship between TS and 5 core tools as well as the relationship among 5 core tools. Can anyboday clarify on these two question?

Thanks in advance for your help.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Relationship between TS and 5 core tools, relationship among 5 core tools

I am sorry for asking such simple quesitons, but I really don't have a clear picture about the relationship between TS and 5 core tools as well as the relationship among 5 core tools. Can anyboday clarify on these two question?

ISO TS has additional requirements with respect to ISO 9001. Automotive customers require the usage of specifi quality tool like FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, PPAP. MSA, SPC, 8D and include them as requirement for their suppliers.
If you are in plan to certify your QMS vs ISO TS, you shall use them and have a common language with your customers as well as to improve your processes and business as well. ISO TS refers to them in the standard.

G

guruprasadb

ISO TS 16949 IS AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY RELATED COMPRISIG

All Clauses of ISO 9001:2008 (metioned inside the box of TS 16949 Standard)
+
Additional ISO/TS 16949 clauses
+
Customer Specific Requirements
+
Core Tools ( Some guidance, Some for requirements )

APQP (advance Product Quality Planning) 7.1 Clause Note

PPAP (Production Part approval Process) 7.3.6.3 , 4.2.3.1 note

MSA ( Measurement System Analysis) 7.6.1

FMEA (Failure mode effect analysis) 7.3.1.1

SPC ( Stastical Process Control) 8.1.1

Above mentioned clauses are only just indiction, further we can find relation to these core tools in other clauses also.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

There is no direct relationship. ISO/TS 16949 does not mention the 5 core tools.

5 core tools (they are AIAG published documents) are invoked through customer specific requirements from an OEM or a supplier quality manual from a Tier 1 or lower.

Top Bottom