T

TAdams

As per ISO 9001:2015 section 7.4:
What will be communicated?
When to communicate?
with whom to communicate?
How to communicate?
Who communicates?
I am looking for examples from other companies on the above questions.
I know training and refresher training is documented on paper and electronic.
Supervisors to operations personnel:
Huddles for communicating shift to shift information and any problems.
Upper management to employees: physical information notices posted in prominent places in what ever media, such as: information boards, rolling T.V. screens, posting in employee lunch areas, and e-mail.
I know this will show evidence. I was just wondering if there were other ways I'm missing?
Thanks,
TA

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Good day @tadams;
You have described some good examples. The significance of this new version of the standard (2015 vs previous 2008) is the added specificity of "what"- "when"- "who"- "how"- "whom"-.... requirements. This means that if we are going to utilize the examples you have provided, then they need to be systemic. For example...
Supervisors to operations personnel:= Who-Whom (but does not identify "when")
Huddles for communicating shift to shift information and any problems. = What
Upper management to employees: =Who-Whom
physical information notices posted in prominent places in what ever media, such as: information boards, rolling T.V. screens, posting in employee lunch areas, and e-mail.= How (but does not identify "what").
As mentioned by @amit ballal , it is up to your organization to "...determine the ...communications relevant...".
The challenge, however, is to determine how this will be sustained (as personnel comes and goes), and to ensure that the communication is strategic (What do we want to communicate- (goals? performance towards those goals [kpi], recent incidents?--will safety be included? When should it be done- each day? each shift change? annually?)
Who has ownership of the communication- if communication strategy is not being fulfilled, who is the owner ?
Consider looking at this as an embedded strategic activity, with a purpose that actually serves your organization (not simply a way to meet the standard) and then systemize it so that it is expected and can be confirmed by internal audits.
Be well.

Joseph FOENG

Registered
Can we refer the Management Review Report to prove that the organization has communication conformance ISO9001 clause 7.4 already?

Randy

Super Moderator
Can we refer the Management Review Report to prove that the organization has communication conformance ISO9001 clause 7.4 already?
1st, you're in a nearly 6 year old conversation that has gone by the wayside.

2nd, you can do whatever you wish in whatever manner you wish it as long as what's done is verifiable. There's no "requirement" for anything to be documented, just "DETERMINED"..........BUT (you figure out the BUT).

7.4 says that you have to "determine" and that's all.....Here's the definition for DETERMINE.

Big Jim

Admin
I'll throw in my $.02 worth here. This prescriptive list has no place in the standard. It reveals the stupidity of the committee that adopted it. No one needs to go through a process of determining who, what, where etc. to start a communication. It is intuitive. Heaven help someone that needs to go through something like this to communicate. Do you need a checklist to start talking?

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I'll throw in my $.02 worth here. This prescriptive list has no place in the standard. It reveals the stupidity of the committee that adopted it. No one needs to go through a process of determining who, what, where etc. to start a communication. It is intuitive. Heaven help someone that needs to go through something like this to communicate. Do you need a checklist to start talking?
Thank you. Agree 100%. One of the dumbest requirements of the standard. Imagine getting dinged for something like this. I have and it's the biggest waste of time ever imagined. I had to spend time creating a matrix to show the dimwit all the area we communicate to each other -- even though it was in our procedures.

Randy

Super Moderator
"Determine" is like "Consider".................."Yep we considered the outcome and determined what we'll do over beer & burgers last nite at the Honkey-Tonk"

Top Bottom