Remember Hollywood Squares?

K

Ken K

If you remember the Original Hollywood Squares and its comics, this may bring a tear to your eyes. These great questions and answers are from the days when "Hollywood Squares" game show responses were spontaneous and clever, not scripted and (often) dull, as they are now. Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions, of course.

Q. Do female frogs croak?
A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long
enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be?
A. Charley Weaver: Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.
A. George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?
A. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmo, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?
A. Rose Marie: No; wait until morning.

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?
A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q. In Hawaii, does it take more than three words to say "I Love You"?
A. Vincent Price: No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty.

Q. What are "Do It," "I Can Help," and "I Can't Get Enough"?
A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?
A. Rose Marie: You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do ****'s Angels wear leather?
A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?
A. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?
A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q. It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps. One is politics, what is the other?
A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

Q. Can boys join the Campfire Girls?
A. Marty Allen: Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do?
A. Paul Lynde: Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people?
A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q. It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it?
A. Paul Lynde: Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected.

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?
A. George Gobel: Get it in his mouth.

Q. Who stays pregnant for a longer period of time, your wife or your elephant?
A. Paul Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

Q. When a couple have a baby, who is responsible for its sex?
A. Charley Weaver: I'll lend him the car, the rest is up to him.

Q. Jackie Gleason recently revealed that he firmly believes in them and has actually seen them on at least two occasions. What are they?
A. Charley Weaver: His feet

Q. According to Ann Landers, what are two things you should never do in bed?
A. Paul Lynde: Point and Laugh

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
If you remember the Original Hollywood Squares and its comics, this may bring a tear to your eyes. These great questions and answers are from the days when "Hollywood Squares" game show responses were spontaneous and clever, not scripted and (often) dull, as they are now.
The Paul Lynde responses were great, but the celebrities were always given the questions in advance, but were free to respond as they saw fit. Not only that, but there were different questions for each of the celebrities; Paul Lynde was never asked a Charlie Weaver question, for example.

Irrelevant trivia (is that a pleonasm?): Charlie Weaver's real name was Cliff Arquette, and he was the grandfather of Rosanna, Patricia and David Arquette.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
There's a whole page of Paul Lynde's Hollywood Squares answers here. My favorite is the first one:
Peter Marshall: If the right part comes along, will George C. Scott do a nude scene?
Paul Lynde: You mean he doesn't have the right part?

J

JerryStem

I was a bit young (39 now) but I remember watching sometimes. Paul Lynde always cracked me up, I just didn't understand why he seemed "different".:magic:

Jerry

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
S 100 Places to Remember Before They Disappear Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
SteelMaiden Remember Mikey from Life Cereal Fame? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
ScottK Just remember this when you think you hate your job Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
ScottK Remember Auditors - It's all in how you ask the question! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Marc Anyone Remember B. F. Skinner? The father of Reinforcement Theory Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 13
L I looking for a book, but cannot remember the name? . . . . HELP! Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
A Remember Ford/Firestone? Has anything really changed because of this? Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 5
N How Can I Remember the ISO 9001 Clauses? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Marc Remember DOS? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
C How to develop an Equipment / Machinery FMEA - Remember the key word: Predictive FMEA and Control Plans 7
Marco Bernardi MMC & LMC modifiers and CMM measuring techniques like diameter least squares and circularity or minimum/ maximum diameter Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
A Does Least-squares (LSQ) simulate perfect roundness? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
S Least squares estimate, regression model and corresponding residuals Using Minitab Software 13
A Linear Least Squares in Minitab Using Minitab Software 2
F Sum of Squares - How many types of Sum of Squares do we have Software Quality Assurance 15
M Test Methods for Angle Blocks, Squares, Feeler Gages, Protractors, and Steel Rules General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2