SBS - The best value in QMS software

Remote Audit GOTOMEETING thoughts

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Trusted Information Resource
We are a small company with two GoToMeeting seat licenses. Our internal audit is two full days via consultant remotely. They are asking us to use our GoToMeeting license which ties up our abilities to have other meetings. What do you consider the protocol? Does the consultant or host provide a GoToMeeting reservation?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

blackholequasar

Involved In Discussions
Ed - we ended up using Google Hangouts for our internal meetings and leave our GoToMeeting for external and customer needs. We are always expected to host. Though you could possibly look into additional seat licenses?

NickV....

Starting to get Involved
We are a small company with two GoToMeeting seat licenses. Our internal audit is two full days via consultant remotely. They are asking us to use our GoToMeeting license which ties up our abilities to have other meetings. What do you consider the protocol? Does the consultant or host provide a GoToMeeting reservation?
We are also a small company and during our ISO/AS9100 audit we suggested to the registrar that if they were unwilling to do an onsite audit then they would have to provide a means to perform the audit remotely. They agreed and provided us log in key for Zoom. IMO it should be the registrars responsibility to provide this service as they are the ones getting paid!

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Our registrar insisted we provide the means to do the remote audit so that we were responsible for the security, etc. I did not see it as a big deal -- we were saving much more than the cost of a Zoom seat in travel fees.

Randy

Super Moderator
Doing an audit by Zoom today. Yesterday's client was MS Teams and tomorrow different client & MS Teams as well. Last week WebEx & MS Teams and the week before BlueJeans.

All tech selected by clients with me as invited Guest...and you're wrong NickV.

NickV....

Starting to get Involved
Doing an audit by Zoom today. Yesterday's client was MS Teams and tomorrow different client & MS Teams as well. Last week WebEx & MS Teams and the week before BlueJeans.

All tech selected by clients with me as invited Guest...and you're wrong NickV.
You're entitled to your own opinion. Like i stated, if you do not want to be present for the audit that's your choice, I shouldn't pay for that decision. It worked for us and saved us $$ in the end!

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Nick I think if you try that with most registrars they'll tell you good luck then, go find another registrar. In general I am no fan of registrars, but your position sounds like you also would not want to pay for the auditor's travel for an on-site audit -- because if he/she doesn't wanna be there, well that's their choice.

The registrar doesn't know what security protocols your customers may demand of you, and yours is the IP at risk, so why would the registrar want to take the responsibility of choosing the platform?

Randy

Super Moderator
You're entitled to your own opinion. Like i stated, if you do not want to be present for the audit that's your choice, I shouldn't pay for that decision. It worked for us and saved us $$ in the end!
Yep, but I do have to be present for the audit to take place if I'm the one assigned, and I'm probably correct with a Zoom meeting costs a wee bit less than airfare, car rental, hotel fees, meals, parking, mileage and travel day costs. But hey, I could be guessing about the whole thing.

Now if they truly were unwilling to do an onsite....Change your CB....Or was it the individual auditor that chickened out?

NickV....

Starting to get Involved
Nick I think if you try that with most registrars they'll tell you good luck then, go find another registrar. In general I am no fan of registrars, but your position sounds like you also would not want to pay for the auditor's travel for an on-site audit -- because if he/she doesn't wanna be there, well that's their choice.

The registrar doesn't know what security protocols your customers may demand of you, and yours is the IP at risk, so why would the registrar want to take the responsibility of choosing the platform?
I'm just over the "Covid Pricing" scam. Travel costs are industry standard and always will be, this is just another example of re-cooping costs where they can. Maybe my company is lucky as we have several available BIG registrars close by (within 2hrs) so travel costs are no big deal. It's a slippery slop folks....today its an extra $250 that we get accustom too.....then what's in going to be?? Again this is just my opinion! I've had bad experiences with registrars confusing their opinion with fact so I'm not very trusting.

Have a great evening all!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M IATF 16949 - Audit of Remote Location/Support Site and IT IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B ISO 9001 - "Remote Audit Fee" Registrars and Notified Bodies 13
L IATF external audit virtual (remote) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
J Remote Audit Experiences - June 2020 General Auditing Discussions 32
M Why have IATF rules required the CBs to audit remote supporting functions at first? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
R Internal Audit Frequency - Remote Site (a Design Center) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Remote Office only has Invoice Function - Audit Needed? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
B Thoughts on performing an ISO 9001:2015 Remote Internal Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A Remote Support Location Audit - Engineering prototyping and process evaluation Internal Auditing 2
Q Rule for ISO/TS16949 Triennial Audit of Multiple Sites (Remote Locations) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A TS 16949 Audit Cycle for Remote Locations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
Chennaiite Questions on the Scope of Remote Locations for the ISO/TS External Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A How to Audit Remote locations - Sales in other countries Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
I Remote Location Internal Audit Requirements - TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 16
V ISO 9001 Virtual Audits - Ways to audit remote locations such as design centers General Auditing Discussions 6
C Number Of Surveillance Audit Days For Remote Sites General Auditing Discussions 6
supadrai Remote Opportunity - Large Scale Glove Factory QMS / RA / Legal Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
R Remote Audits for ISO 9001 (or any other standard) General Auditing Discussions 29
H Remote product audits in Coivd-19 - IATF 16949 9.2.2.4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Randy Remote auditing (for disaster, disease, disturbance etc...) during the Neo Coronavirus Pandemic and Social Distancing Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
M IATF 16949 (6.1.1 - Planning and Risk Analysis for a remote site) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
J Remote location vs. site extension IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Crimpshrine13 IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 Remote Support - Pass Through Inventory IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
G Timing allowed by IATF to close a Remote Site Minor Nonconformance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Adding Remote Site to Current IATF 16949 Certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Acceptance of remote auditing techniques - Can you help me with my research? General Auditing Discussions 0
B IATF 16949 - Different Registrars for remote and manufacturing sites? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J IATF 16949 - Company Sold - Remote Location Certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
F It is acceptable moving remote locations staff to manufacturing plant for auditing? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D Supporting Process Definitions - Remote Locations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
R Remote Sites per IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S RSL (Remote Site Location) Laboratory - Does it need to be ISO 17025 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
W Is sharing resources treated same way as remote function? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R Remote Support - Calculating Number of Employees IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
D Certificate Scope Change - Remote Location(s) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
D No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote location IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
1 Applicable ISO 9001:2015 Clauses for Remote Site(s) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
L IATF 16949: Adding a Remote Location between certifications IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Marc The Most Remote and Beautiful Landscape in the World Is in Westfjords, Iceland Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
A Supplier's remote site is not on their ISO 9001 Certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
G Role of Remote Locations IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J ISO/TS 16949:2009 Remote Support Provided By Sister Plants IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Other Remote Locations - Do they need to be under our ISO/AS9100 System? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
O How can I test remote control for television? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 10
S Customer or Support - Remote Location IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
L Remote Control Inspection Digital Indicator with a TIR (range) function Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Why are remote supporting functions audited first? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J Example of additional Audits of Remote Supporting Functions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T TS 16949 Remote Site Certification Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
S ISO 19011 - Remote Auditing Imported Legacy Blogs 5