Remote Audit GOTOMEETING thoughts

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
We are a small company with two GoToMeeting seat licenses. Our internal audit is two full days via consultant remotely. They are asking us to use our GoToMeeting license which ties up our abilities to have other meetings. What do you consider the protocol? Does the consultant or host provide a GoToMeeting reservation?

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
Ed - we ended up using Google Hangouts for our internal meetings and leave our GoToMeeting for external and customer needs. We are always expected to host. Though you could possibly look into additional seat licenses?

NickV....

Starting to get Involved
We are a small company with two GoToMeeting seat licenses. Our internal audit is two full days via consultant remotely. They are asking us to use our GoToMeeting license which ties up our abilities to have other meetings. What do you consider the protocol? Does the consultant or host provide a GoToMeeting reservation?
We are also a small company and during our ISO/AS9100 audit we suggested to the registrar that if they were unwilling to do an onsite audit then they would have to provide a means to perform the audit remotely. They agreed and provided us log in key for Zoom. IMO it should be the registrars responsibility to provide this service as they are the ones getting paid!

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Our registrar insisted we provide the means to do the remote audit so that we were responsible for the security, etc. I did not see it as a big deal -- we were saving much more than the cost of a Zoom seat in travel fees.

Randy

Super Moderator
Doing an audit by Zoom today. Yesterday's client was MS Teams and tomorrow different client & MS Teams as well. Last week WebEx & MS Teams and the week before BlueJeans.

All tech selected by clients with me as invited Guest...and you're wrong NickV.

NickV....

Starting to get Involved
Doing an audit by Zoom today. Yesterday's client was MS Teams and tomorrow different client & MS Teams as well. Last week WebEx & MS Teams and the week before BlueJeans.

All tech selected by clients with me as invited Guest...and you're wrong NickV.
You're entitled to your own opinion. Like i stated, if you do not want to be present for the audit that's your choice, I shouldn't pay for that decision. It worked for us and saved us $$ in the end!

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Nick I think if you try that with most registrars they'll tell you good luck then, go find another registrar. In general I am no fan of registrars, but your position sounds like you also would not want to pay for the auditor's travel for an on-site audit -- because if he/she doesn't wanna be there, well that's their choice.

The registrar doesn't know what security protocols your customers may demand of you, and yours is the IP at risk, so why would the registrar want to take the responsibility of choosing the platform?

Randy

Super Moderator
You're entitled to your own opinion. Like i stated, if you do not want to be present for the audit that's your choice, I shouldn't pay for that decision. It worked for us and saved us $$ in the end!
Yep, but I do have to be present for the audit to take place if I'm the one assigned, and I'm probably correct with a Zoom meeting costs a wee bit less than airfare, car rental, hotel fees, meals, parking, mileage and travel day costs. But hey, I could be guessing about the whole thing.

Now if they truly were unwilling to do an onsite....Change your CB....Or was it the individual auditor that chickened out?

outdoorsNW

Quite Involved in Discussions
The fees of most of the services are so low you are probably wasting more money with the staff time required to fight this. Just pay for another user or two for one month.

NickV....

Starting to get Involved
Nick I think if you try that with most registrars they'll tell you good luck then, go find another registrar. In general I am no fan of registrars, but your position sounds like you also would not want to pay for the auditor's travel for an on-site audit -- because if he/she doesn't wanna be there, well that's their choice.

The registrar doesn't know what security protocols your customers may demand of you, and yours is the IP at risk, so why would the registrar want to take the responsibility of choosing the platform?
I'm just over the "Covid Pricing" scam. Travel costs are industry standard and always will be, this is just another example of re-cooping costs where they can. Maybe my company is lucky as we have several available BIG registrars close by (within 2hrs) so travel costs are no big deal. It's a slippery slop folks....today its an extra $250 that we get accustom too.....then what's in going to be?? Again this is just my opinion! I've had bad experiences with registrars confusing their opinion with fact so I'm not very trusting.

Have a great evening all!

Top Bottom