Remote support - IATF allowed words defined?

GretaAnn

Starting to get Involved
Hi, I am struggling to find the definitions of the words for remote support as required by the IATF Oversight. Has anyone defined them?

Attachments

• BCS.RL.scopewords.xlsx
    31.1 KB · Views: 206

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
GretaAnn,

The document you have is dated 07/01/15, before IATF 16949:2016 was issued. Did this term get revised as remote locations as defined in IATF 16949:2016? I can't find my old copy to confirm.

remote location
location that supports manufacturing sites and at which non-production processes occur

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
For the sake of uniformity IATF has said that you need to use one or more of these terms only whatever you call your processes
IATF defined support functions: After Sales; Calibration; Continuous Improvement; Contract Review; Customer Service; Distribution; Engineering; Facilities Management; Finance; H. R.; I.T.; Internal Audit Management; Laboratory; Logistics; Maintenance; Management Review; Marketing; Packaging; Policy Making; Process Design; Product Design; Production Equipment Development; Purchasing; Quality System Management; R&D; Repair; Sales; Sequencing; Servicing; Strategic Planning; Supplier Management; Testing; Training; Warehousing; Warranty Management.

Maximum discuss with your auditor which you want to use

GretaAnn

Starting to get Involved
GretaAnn,

The document you have is dated 07/01/15, before IATF 16949:2016 was issued. Did this term get revised as remote locations as defined in IATF 16949:2016? I can't find my old copy to confirm.

remote location
location that supports manufacturing sites and at which non-production processes occur
I just checked and this is still active. Thanks

Attachments

• CB-Communique-2015_003_New-Supporting-Functions-IATF-Database_REV01-1.pdf
    122.2 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

GretaAnn

Starting to get Involved
For the sake of uniformity IATF has said that you need to use one or more of these terms only whatever you call your processes
IATF defined support functions: After Sales; Calibration; Continuous Improvement; Contract Review; Customer Service; Distribution; Engineering; Facilities Management; Finance; H. R.; I.T.; Internal Audit Management; Laboratory; Logistics; Maintenance; Management Review; Marketing; Packaging; Policy Making; Process Design; Product Design; Production Equipment Development; Purchasing; Quality System Management; R&D; Repair; Sales; Sequencing; Servicing; Strategic Planning; Supplier Management; Testing; Training; Warehousing; Warranty Management.

Maximum discuss with your auditor which you want to use
The support functions are not fully defined. For example, Contract Review is so much more than JUST reviewing the contract. It is part of the overall sales process in our organization. We do not use all these words and are looking to see if anyone has assigned an operational definition.
Thanks

Thee Bouyyy

Multiple Personalities
Hi, I don't have a copy of the standard, but I believe Remote Supporting Location refers to the physical location, office, or address, and Remote Supporting Functions refers to the job they conduct there. For example, the location and function may be "UK" and "Purchasing," respectively.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Hi, I don't have a copy of the standard, but I believe Remote Supporting Location refers to the physical location, office, or address, and Remote Supporting Functions refers to the job they conduct there. For example, the location and function may be "UK" and "Purchasing," respectively.

This is not what is being asked as I understand

What is the difference between testing and laboratory or Engineering and R&D .........
Purchasing
and Quality System Management is easy maybe?

The best way as said before is to work with your auditor as she/he will need to record it on the certificate.
I have these discussions all the time with no threat to a negative finding if you initiate the discussion

GretaAnn

Starting to get Involved
This is not what is being asked as I understand

What is the difference between testing and laboratory or Engineering and R&D .........
Purchasing
and Quality System Management is easy maybe?

The best way as said before is to work with your auditor as she/he will need to record it on the certificate.
I have these discussions all the time with no threat to a negative finding if you initiate the discussion

This is exactly correct. Internally we defined the words and are having trouble wit the CM regarding Purchasing vs supplier management. We define purchasing to include supplier management.
I am working on a is / is not reference for our handbook

Thanks,
Greta

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
In the end it does not really matter it is paperwork
The audit will cover what you define.
The activities do not 100% need to be performed in one place but with "support".
It is not worth being worked up about it

Top Bottom