Removing the liner from disposable nicotine patch without using hand

A

apogee

Hi,

I am planning a device which requires automatic removal of the liner from the nicotine patch without using hand or minimal usage of hand or using a autommatic device.

If you have come across anything similar or a solution to this problem, do let me know. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Warm Regards
Ashwin

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bobh@pte

Re: simple idea for removing the liner from the nicotine patch without using hand

I quit two weeks ago, using Chantix. So once you do get the patch off, switch to this pill. It works great. I tried the patch before and had no success.
If I remember correctly, It burned my arm somewhat. I dont' recall anything about what you're asking, sorry!

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Re: simple idea for removing the liner from the nicotine patch without using hand

I am still using the patch - I quit about 6 weeks ago - and removing the patch from the liner is no different than pulling a band-aid out of it's wrapper.

Good Luck!

R

ralphsulser

I quit 2 years ago yesterday. Doctor gave me a perscription for Welbutrin,
seem to help. Of course it helped that I was diagnosed with pneumonia at the time. That helps make a serious decision real soon. I have not been sick a day since. Used to get bronchitis every spring.
I had previously used patches, and nicotine gum.

B

Bobh@pte

Re: Removing the liner from disposable patch without using hand

Raplh,
How did that work with the withdrawal symptoms? This stuff has been great,
for me anyway. Also tried Zyban, it had some serious affects (pain) on my kidneys, had to quit it within a week.

So far no real drastic side effects from the Chantix.

I am still using the patch - I quit about 6 weeks ago - and removing the patch from the liner is no different than pulling a band-aid out of it's wrapper.
You must have had a better brand than mine. There were no overlaps on the patch like on a band-aid on the patches I used. So there's idea one: add some area that is not stuck to the patch.

Here's another one for free: how about a nicotine free adhesive area on the edge that would allow you to stick the edge and then pull the backing off as you apply the patch to your skin? Similar to pulling one side off a band-aid, sticking it, and then pulling the other side off as you go (OK, so I've shamelessly ripped off the band-aid).

BTW, I have smoked for 21 of the 27 years since I turned 16. I quit cold turkey for 3 years in college (I had other things to spend money on). I quit cold again for 2 years in my early 30's. I used the patch to quit for a year in my late 30's and then again for 6 months a couple of years ago. Nicotine replacement stopped the physical symptoms but I've really become attached to the "take-a-break" ritual now that you can only smoke outside, 100 metres from the entrance, with nobody looking, and no snail darters or snowy egrets within sniffin' distance.

R

ralphsulser

Raplh,
How did that work with the withdrawal symptoms? This stuff has been great,
for me anyway. Also tried Zyban, it had some serious affects (pain) on my kidneys, had to quit it within a week.

So far no real drastic side effects from the Chantix.

The Welbutrin helped minimize and even out the withdrawel symptoms.
I didn't start on it right away, and got pretty cranky and short tempered.
It helped keeping me from a divorce too ;-)

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource

You must have had a better brand than mine. There were no overlaps on the patch like on a band-aid on the patches I used. So there's idea one: add some area that is not stuck to the patch.

Ice - not really - I use the Walgreens brand. It is a round patch with about 1/4" area that is not "patch" just the skin glue.

FWIW - the "take-a-break" ritual - at 1 pack a day is about 1.7 hours wasted - standing around doing nothing but putting that darned poison into our lungs. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (part of my motivation!!)

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Ice - not really - I use the Walgreens brand. It is a round patch with about 1/4" area that is not "patch" just the skin glue.

FWIW - the "take-a-break" ritual - at 1 pack a day is about 1.7 hours wasted - standing around doing nothing but putting that darned poison into our lungs. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: (part of my motivation!!)
As a former smoker, I wish you all luck and the patience to make the luck work.

It can be done. I quit a four pack a day habit cold turkey in 1980. Anybody says it's easy is lying to us or him/herself.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin

I used to smoke too. Quitting wasn't easy, but my mom would give me such a hard time (even by just imagining getting pounded by the waves of her disapproval) that I would quit before going to visit her for a couple of weeks. Thanks Mom!:lol:

Top Bottom