Renault Painting Defect Acceptance Criteria

Hello,

There are a lot of debates with a painting supplier about claims for visual issues. I would like to help us and the supplier also.

I have seen for a different OEM a ruller with acceptance criteria
Can you please help me with Renault's acceptance criteria for painted parts?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
I don't have Renault Standard off-hand. But your question reminds me of the days when my Supplier was trying hard to meet the required visual charateristics on Cast surface (can you imagine on cast surface). I was representing Renault Supplier Quality then and I remember we even measured Glossiness, paint thickness, etc on cast surface. We later switched over to electrostatic painting process and resolved the issue.

By the way, what acceptance criteria is the drawing referring to?

The painting is water based and the majority of claims are on spots, dots, scratches etc.
What I would like to know is the limits for each of these. Eg. No more than 3 dots on square cm.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Nissan (Renault) PPAP Acronyms (DNote , KFD, IR) APQP and PPAP 2
T NTF in ASES Renault Nissan Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
Marc Definition RNPO - Renault Nissan Purchase Organization Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
P Renault CSR - Identifying the difference between an ASES and ASAS-P Audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P New Renault CSRs (Customer Specific Requirements) on IATF page Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
P New Renault CSR just published on the IATF Global Oversight webpage Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
P Renault Nissan ANPQP 2.1 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
A Renault Quality plan - Quality Plan in Development Phase for Renault customer Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
P Briatore has left Renault F1 World News 33
A France offers loans to Peugeot and Renault World News 0
Howard Atkins Agassi, Renault Nissan & Israel announce project for oil-independent country - 2008 World News 2
K French Automotive Tolerancing Scheme BE-ADD-PLN-01 (possibly a Renault spec) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
C Is Renault expecting all suppliers test facilities to be ISO/IEC17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
N Details of Nissan (Renault-Nissan aliance) Supplier Quality Assurance expectations Customer and Company Specific Requirements 11
Wes Bucey GM/Renault/Nissan? Strange bedfellows? World News 4
F RENAULT's specific APQP procedure (ANPQP or MAPQP?) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
M Renault vs. AIAG FMEA - Would like details of it's usage and any training aids FMEA and Control Plans 4
A Robotic Sanding and Painting Process Validation Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
P Powder Coat Painting Jigs (Hangers) for Shafts and Joints Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
L CQI-12 2nd Edition - Table D, question 2.1 - Powder Coat Painting IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
I Faster way to Tag Parts for Painting Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
P Tier 2 Part Approval where Painting is Outsourced APQP and PPAP 2
P What are the causes of painting defects? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
S Which ISO Standard is needed for a Painting Company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J Is painting considered a Special Process as defined by ISO 9001 7.5.2? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
P Industrial Painting Inspector training and certification in India Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H Painting Quality Requirement International Standard Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
A CATERPILLAR BGPP (Benchmarking Guide for Painting Process) Questionnaire Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
P How to reduce or shut off Compressed Air for Painting Robots Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Z 7.1d Product Realization Records in a Small Cleaning and Painting Service Shop ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
L Outsourcing Special Processes such as Plating, Painting, NDT as related to AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
Q Pre-Paint Roughness Standard for Scratches in Carbon Steel prior to Painting Manufacturing and Related Processes 15
R Product Identification Procedures for Painting and Sandblasting Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
R Holding Dimensions Before or After Painting? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
P Name at least 25 out of 100+ world known personalities in the painting Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 14
P FMEA & Control Plan for painting of plastic parts - Example wanted FMEA and Control Plans 3
P FMEA and Control Plan for Plastic Injection Moulding/Painting Process FMEA and Control Plans 16
V Is spray painting allowed for non-blood contact medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Are Coating, Painting and Labels part of the Enclosure of ME Equipment Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
Q 6-32 UNC-2B Threads are Tight after Cleaning before Painting? Manufacturing and Related Processes 19
B Legal requirements - India - Painting, press shop, machining Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
N Painting experts: Coverage area for each litre of paint and thinner mix Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
W Plastic Part Painting/Spray Failure Mode - Sample PFMEA or control plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
S Painting on Floor of Machine Shop - What Aspects/Impacts and Hazards to consider? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 10
S Control Plans - Painting Facility - QC manager wants to remove some of the specs FMEA and Control Plans 3
W Metal Finishing - Powder Coating and Painting QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
U Determining population defect rate from sample defect rate Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M Corrective action for a defect from customer's mistaken Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
C Handling in-Process Defect Repairs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 31
J Average Industry Defect rates Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2