Renewal of Certificate: How Many Mandays?

E

Eugène

In the third quarter of this year our certificate is three years old, so we need a now one. It isn't clear to me what the procedure will be for the renewal. Will we get a new initial audit with all the required mandays or will we go on with surveillance audits as we do already for some years? To me QS9000 isn't clear about this. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Casana

Blueberry Nut
Your registrar would be the best one to give you guidance on this… especially with the new ISO 9K2K standard being out.
My expectation based on previous experience with ISO 9K is that you’ll have to go through the whole registration process, as you did when you were first registered (same amount of man-days etc), then they’ll repeat their current surveillance process & frequency. Given how AIAG has not spoken regarding ISO 9K2K I susupect that your registrar may register you to the current QS standard (which only has the ISO 1994 version) with the caveat that they’ll upgrade you to the ISO 9K2K whenever AIAG decides what they want to do.
Please let us know what your registrar’s final decision is… my current company is QS registered and we’re waiting with baited breath to see what AIAG will decree on this topic…

D

D.Scott

Marc, are you sure this is up to date? I seem to remember the renewal audit requirements were recently changed and the requirement is now the same for renewal as it is for initial. I have no idea where I saw that but for some reason it is ringing a bell.

Dave

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A How many mandays needed for QS certificate renewal? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
S Renewal of "Accreditation Certificate of Foreign Medical Device Manufacturer" Japan Medical Device Regulations 3
S Medical Device License Renewal (MDL) Period - Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
S ISO 9001 Certification Renewal until 2017 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Saudi Arabia - Renewal of Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
T Health Canada - Device Changes to include in License Renewal Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
sagai Renewal of Canada Manufacturer Licence if there is no Sales (Only Support) Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
sagai Renewal of US Manufacturer Licence if there are no Sales (Only Support Activities) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Q Renewal Audit comment and question General Auditing Discussions 8
I Registration Renewal of Drug Establishment US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
K Does Australia require any annual registration or license renewal for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Stijloor ASQ Membership Renewal Request Comes Early - Will you renew?? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 35
M Implementation period for standards - CE renewal submission - Class II medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B 3 year renewal audit this September, and I am worried already ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
H Document Revision Service? Auditor wants a service for document revision/renewal ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
P We passed our ISO9001 and ISO/TS16949:2002 renewal December 2005 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B Certificate Suspension? Shut down due to Covid-19 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
L Appears to be a certificate mill certificate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
D ISO 9001 & AS9100 Certificate issued by a consultant for a Distributor Registrars and Notified Bodies 11
J CE Certificate and additional processing EU Medical Device Regulations 4
bryan willemot Chemical / physical certificate of conformance AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
B IATF certificate suspended - Who do we notify? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
H What is different between PED certificate and CPR certificate? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Migrate ISO 9001:2015 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
V Calibration certificate verification Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
A Calibration Certificate Results General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
E Calibration Certificate Content Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M IATF 16949:2016 clause 8.4.2.3 - We don't have ISO 9001:2015 certificate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
S Boeing D6-51991 Product Acceptance Software certificate and Artefact? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
P List of ISO certificate registrars around the world - ISO certification databases ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
F EC in EC certificate - Is it an EC Certificate or a CE certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
K Inspection Certificate EN 10204 2.1 - Distribution company Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Certificate of compliance to RoHS/REACH/WEEE - any such animal? REACH and RoHS Conversations 18
D CB Certificate - Distributor for a product with electrical components CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
P Non-Active Suppliers on CE Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Interpretation of Article 16 (2b) - Packaging, samples and Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 10
R List of countries that require only CE Mark certificate for product registration Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
K CFG (certificate of foreign government) Requestor Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
H Transferring an ISO 13485 certificate to a new CB - Do I have to start from scratch? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
GStough Informational SN EN ISO 9001:2015 and SN EN ISO 13485:2016 on Same Certificate? Registrars and Notified Bodies 7
M We still have not received our certificate due to a 'backlog' with our auditing body Registrars and Notified Bodies 25
T CE Certification Strategy - Expanding the validity of certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T EN 10204 3.1 Inspection Certificate - Machine Shop Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4