Reorganizing responsibilities between management teams and Employees in them

dmg111

Registered
We are reorganizing responsibilities between the management team and a couple people will have new titles (example is Production Manager vs General Manager). One old position name will not be assigned to anyone. Will we have to immediately revise all of our procedures that call out the old position names? Is there a "grace period" to get this done?

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
I believe that's up to your digression but I wouldn't put it off. I would do it as effectively as possible - I know it can be tricky since some job titles are woven into a plethora of documents. (I'm going through the same thing myself, just two weeks before our ISO audit - we definitely want to be conforming before that happens!) I would say use your best judgement, but don't put it off! Also check your company's Org Chart. Sometimes there are titles there that people will accidentally forget to update with the changes!

GunLake

Involved In Discussions
You can give yourself time within your QMS. For us we have any change to management will be reviewed by Top Management during our weekly meetings, Before changes are made, Unless signed off by someone from Top Management.

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
We are reorganizing responsibilities between the management team and a couple people will have new titles (example is Production Manager vs General Manager). One old position name will not be assigned to anyone. Will we have to immediately revise all of our procedures that call out the old position names? Is there a "grace period" to get this done?
Do it , as fast as you can, while is not correct, you my have an audit an get NC's, but what is more important, your organization, people follow the procedures as they are and if they are wrong, people is lost.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The position name changes are secondary. The main issue at hand is the (re-)assignment of responsibilities. It must be clear who is responsible for what, as it relates to the QMS. A letter/memo from the company top leadership should suffice until the procedures get updated.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, when I went through that, I simply wrote an additional document stating that position titles were rearranged as of {date}, and that all references to position titles in existing docs were to mean the primary person responsible for that area...and if undefined, any department manager.

That covered the hole while we took our time fixing things...and we took 10yrs to fix things...updating position titles in docs is completely non-value added.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Will we have to immediately revise all of our procedures
Do you keep an up to date organizational chart? Procedures should point to, or in these days link to, an organizational chart in a way that when the org chart changes (including additions and deletions) few, if any, other documents have to be changed/edited. Talk about a waste of time...

Top Bottom