Repairable System Reliability Analysis: Uptime/Downtime Hours, Failure Modes Data

A

afilak

Good Day,

I am a novice reliability student that is assigned a task to assess Preventive Maintenance strategy of the drive train within a STS Gantry Crane. I have field performance data from 2009-2012 on this repairable. I have data on the expected operating hours of the system as a whole for each month and after a review of the corrective maintenance log I segregated the hours into uptime hours and downtime hours. I have calculated the Availability value of the system from the information.

I have the list of PM tasks and the frequency that it is performed.

I was asked to determine if the freqency of the PM task was an overkill.

Any Advise on a statistical analysis that can help me assess the time and cost savings that can be deived from the above infomaton. Can I correlte the above variables to derive insight into improvements in the maintenance strategy applied to this system?

Also is there an Excel template that I can access that can faciliate the analysis.

I have access to IBM SPSS and SAS JMP. A sample file in the format suitable for these software would also be appreciated

Thanking you in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Reliability calculation for repairable system Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 14
M Life Cycle Cost for Repairable Systems and Weibull Analysis Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
H Pedicle screw system Conformity Assessment Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
S Rees System Validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
Q User Requirement Specification for HR (Human Resource Management System) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
C NCR (Nonconformance System) Software Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
K ISO 15223-1 Sterile barrier system - The 3-layer symbol EU Medical Device Regulations 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Starting an ISO 41001:2018 Facility management system Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
K ERP System Software Validation - ISO13485 2016 4.1.6 Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
F MDR system/procedurepack (article 22) with device acc. to MDD and MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S CQI-23 - Molding System Assessment - Control of part weight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Classification of Syringe (nozzle) of needle free injection system. EU Medical Device Regulations 8
T Correct MSA study for an automated camera system which makes attribute inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J Medical System with non-medical device and FCC US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
B Include cost of quality (and other wastes) in an ISO 9001 system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Software SOP - Use and maintenance of an ERP system Software Quality Assurance 4
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
P IEC 62304 - evaluation of integration and system testing IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S Maintaining Equipment Records - We use a manual system ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
R Bottom up approach versus system level ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Informational Creating a post market surveillance (PMS) system for medical devices – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
Sidney Vianna Informational List of ISO Management System Standards Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
M Informational DSVG 04 – Breast Implants – Guidance on the vigilance system for CE-marked medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – DSVG 03 – Cardiac Implantable Electronic Devices (CIED) – Guidance on the vigilance system for CE-marked medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G Gauge R&R on multiple dimensions using 3D measurement system Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
S Computer System Validation of Bioinformatics Pipeline Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
I Date of Quality Management System - Training Records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Emran.mi Measurement system analysis - Can you help me about implementation MSA for CMM device Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
A Would an MRP system that has been in use for over 10 years require validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S System safety assesment Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
S Procedure on Privacy Policy in the ISO 13485 quality management system ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K 820.200 Servicing Procedure - Our system (because there is an API involved) is classified as Class 3 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
N How to monitor the effectiveness of the CAPA system ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q ISO 9001 5.1.1 - How to measure System effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
M Informational From RAPS – Operating System Vulnerabilities in Many Medical Devices, Germany’s BfArM and Device Firms Warn Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M BCM (Business Continuity) and BPM in a company with an IT System Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 0
S Defining a Quality System from scratch - Preferred system and documentation names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
B EU MDR Quality System Requirements - Applicable to Class I? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational EU – Unique Device Identification (UDI) System – FAQs Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M How to implement the 4M Change Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
dgrainger Informational Additional Guidance Regarding the Vigilance System as outlined in MEDDEV 2.12-1 rev. 8 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Identification and Traceability with an ERP system - Barcode Labels? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
M Accredited Calibration Sevice Provider using computerized system to issue calibration certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A How to manage the QMS system and SOP during the transition from MDD to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2019/939 of 6 June 2019 designating issuing entities designated to operate a system for the assignment of Unique Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0