SBS - The best value in QMS software

Replacing RoHS1 certs with RoHS2 certs required?

J

JimmyM

Hello and good afternoon,
I am a pitchers for my company and have sort of adopted the responsibility to help our company comply with updating our records and moving forward with the RoHS2 Directive 2011/65/EU way of life.

I have done quite a bit of research regarding the directive and have a question...

If a part we purchase (custom machined parts, electrical components such as connector housings and pins along with shrink tubing etc.) that is RoHS1 compliant, would the RoHS1 cert from the vendor be okay to keep on file to support our top level manufactured part to be called Compliant with the 2011 recast?

Furthermore, if we have a RoHS cert on file for a part that we have had tested for being RoHS2 compliant... Is it still necessary to go back to the vendor to get a RoHS 2 cert to replace the RoHS 1 version or is it just overkill? For machined parts made to a drawing that require the part be RoHS compliant, is it necessary to have a cert on file from every shop that would make that same part?

I have read the recast itself and know that the restricted materials and their respected levels remain the same from RoHS 1 through RoHS 2, as well as the only difference is the exemptions such as related to medical devices which are no longer exempt.

Thank you!
-JimmyM

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Q

qpled

I have been doing this on a case by case basis. Most of my customers are still fine with RoHS1 but if a customer specifically requests a RoHS2 cert then I will go to the manufacturer(s) of that item for the new cert.

Alex73

Involved In Discussions
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS1), has replaced by the directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS2) on 3 January 2013. Thus, in my opinion, you need to be RoHS2 compliant.

Alex.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dgrainger Informational EC - Medical devices – online manuals replacing paper instructions - Feedback period: 27 April 2021 - 25 May 2021 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Final Medical Device Regulations replacing MDD 93/42/EEC, etc. EU Medical Device Regulations 15
M Replacing Components in an IVD Reagent Kit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
F Replacing End of Life (EOL) Components - What triggers retesting to IEC 60601-1 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
W ISO 10993 - Replacing Sensitization Test with Systemic Toxicity Test? Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
J Lean "replacing" Quality/ISO - A System vs. A Tool Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 34
C ISO/ IEC 17021 Accreditation replacing Guide 62 & Guide 66 Registrars and Notified Bodies 33
A Replacing multimeters to comply with clause 7.6 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
C Labeling of Medical Devices - Distributor replacing device serial number label 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
R Device Labeling Standards: Is ISO 15223:2000 Replacing EN980? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
F Is TS 16949 Replacing QS-9000? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Baldrige replacing ISO 9001? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
E Record Retention - Raw Material (Steel Certs) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
B IATF 16949 News Six month extension on all valid IATF 16949 certs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
bryan willemot Shipping Aerospace parts without Stress certs Manufacturing and Related Processes 20
DMLqms Informing MHRA re. EC Certs expiry. EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Are English translations required for Japanese Certs Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
K DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations) Certs for a Qualifying Country Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
ScottK Is there a point in your career where ASQ certs become meaningless? Career and Occupation Discussions 13
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion IAF CertSearch Database - Repository of "properly" Accredited Management System Certs ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 79
G TS 16949 External Lab for Raw Material Certs for PPAPs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
A Are RoHS compliance certs sufficient to qualify material? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 6
T Difference between IMDS, RoHS, REACH-SVHC, Material composition declaration certs. RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 13
K Putting a regulated device on the market without the proper ISO Certs and CE Marking EU Medical Device Regulations 9
S It was a great year...Thank you guys! Nadcap certs: PT/RT/Chemical/HT/Welding Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
D Can we provide full traceability in our certs while protecting our supplier base? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Material Certs (Material Certifications) - What are they?? APQP and PPAP 19
L Interpreting calibration certs with MU General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
O Export Of Approved Canadian Medical Devices - What export certs are needed ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Are measuring equipment manufacturer calibration certificates (certs) sufficient? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
T Are registrars taking a harder line on upgrading QS-9000 certs to TS 16949? Registrars and Notified Bodies 10