Reporting GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) Bonus Tolerance

J

jfbock

Simple question.

When doing ppaps or for that matter any inspection report and you have for example a true position of xx and it calculates out to be .32, but the bonus tolerance (through MMC) is .5, relegating it to 'zero', is that what is documented on an inspection report or is it normal to include detail on how it got to be zero? This is what I've done in the past but I am doing a ppap right now to which there is a bounty of tolerance because of this issue so I am recorded 0,0,0,0,.... for these true positions. I say this only because it looks kind of peculiar, like maybe it was forced.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: Reporting GDT Bonus Tolerance?

Simple question.

When doing ppaps or for that matter any inspection report and you have for example a true position of xx and it calculates out to be .32, but the bonus tolerance (through MMC) is .5, relegating it to 'zero', is that what is documented on an inspection report or is it normal to include detail on how it got to be zero? This is what I've done in the past but I am doing a ppap right now to which there is a bounty of tolerance because of this issue so I am recorded 0,0,0,0,.... for these true positions. I say this only because it looks kind of peculiar, like maybe it was forced.
Bonus tolerance doesn't change the position of a feature, it changes the tolerance, or allowance, given in the feature control frame. If, for example, your "xx" were .30 and your calculated position result were .32 (.02 beyond the allowance) and you have .5 of bonus tolerance, the result is still .32, but it's acceptable because of the bonus. You should report the result as .32 and perhaps in a comment say, "OK with bonus tolerance."

D

David DeLong

Simple question.

If there is a calculated tolerance such as positional at MMC, then I would suggest that you show the virtual condition boundary and how it was developed. I have had other people ask similar questions so I developed a web page to cover reporting positional tolerances. It might help.

http://www.qmsi.ca/reportingpositional.html

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted Information Resource
David,

one more comment, I've read several of your web pages...very informative, seems as though as good as CMMs are there some things they cannot accomplish at least not very well, especially with a MMC situation. Thanks for the insight.

Marty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Medical device Reporting : Good Faith Effort for Additional information Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
B FDA-Medical Device Reporting (MDR )procedure compliant with 21CFR section 803 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
F Risk for Quality Assurance Department in a Hospital - Hospital Incident Reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Differences in post market safety reporting for Combination Product Applicants Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
F ISO 13485 8.2.3 Reporting to regulatory authorities: Question regarding a procedure for this clause. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L Adverse Event Reporting New Zealand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
M Informational New Zealand – Changes to Medical Device Adverse Event Reporting process Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
MDD_QNA How to deal with FDA after not reporting anything for several years Other US Medical Device Regulations 14
D Accident reporting categories Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
T Trend Reporting under the EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M Informational TGA – Medical device incident reporting (MDIR) guide Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA Final guidance – Postmarketing Safety Reporting for Combination Products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational IMDRF proposed document – IMDRF terminologies for categorized Adverse Event Reporting (AER): terms, terminology structure and codes (Edition 4) – Anne Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Health Canada – Mandatory reporting requirements for hospitals Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA – Statement on agency’s efforts to increase transparency in medical device reporting Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
A Japan's Requirements for Reporting Medical Device Adverse Events Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
T Why are most companies have Quality reporting to Engineering or Operations and not to CEO ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
M Informational TGA – Medical device annual reporting – Sponsor obligations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc European universities dismal at reporting results of clinical trials - 2019 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
W SOP for Vigilance reporting covering multiple requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M (How To) Getting Data From Vision Machine To Reporting Software Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
F Vigilance Reporting - Requirements for manufacturer Field Corrective Actions (FCAs) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
S Legal Manufacturer FDA Reporting Obligations for Using New Contract Sterilization Site Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
G Reporting measurement uncertainty for custom items Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
Pmarszal ISO 19011:2018 - Risk Based Approach for planning, conducting and reporting of internal audits Internal Auditing 8
J MDR reporting and CAPA thoughts? Classifying Complaints on Risk 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 13
L Calibration Accuracy In Relation To Reporting General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S Adverse Event and Serious Adverse Event Reporting - Korea Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
R Reporting Profile of a surface with U modifier Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Q U.S. Agents - Responsibility for reporting adverse events to the FDA Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
J Japan AE (Adverse Event) Reporting Requirements Japan Medical Device Regulations 5
S MDS (Material Declaration Sheet) Reporting for Volatile Solvent in oil RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
shimonv Reporting Medical Device Changes with Annex V/VII EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L MDR (Medical Device Reporting) under 21 CFR Part 803 Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
Q Medical Device Reporting In US/ EU/ Canada Customer Complaints 6
N Notification of Changes to a Class I Medical Device - Reporting Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C Software for trending and reporting particulate testing Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
P Using Bugzilla as a Quality Reporting Tool Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 11
JoCam Incident Reporting MHRA (Medical & healthcare regulatory agency) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Reporting Corrective Action System Performance Metrics Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
S Medical Device Reporting SOP (Standard operating procedure) example Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
V ICH Q3 - To "Include OR Not to Include" impurities below reporting threshold General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A What are the obligatory medical device reporting timelines for AIMD devices ? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
6 Spreadsheet for Health and Safety Reporting - Template Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 6
N Notified Body excessive reporting onto Competent Authorities via the Eudamed database ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
L OTD (On Time Delivery) Tracking and Reporting Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 13
goetzkluge Incidents at work causing mental ill health - Reporting & Assessment Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
B Changes in Medwatch Reporting Requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 5