Reporting on Performance of management systems

lobotm6

Involved In Discussions
Dear All,
I have been searching the cove over this past weeks for a post discussion on some of the items to report on for our management system.

We have an integrated management system, ( 9001, 14001, 45001). Aside the usual reports from management review, internal audit, progress on corrective actions I am trying to define a standard report to be published internally each month that could show the performance of each process based on the results of their objectives which is tracked with KPIs each month.

1. what other items can I add to such report
2. does anyone have a sample of such rwport/info graphic to show

Thank you for your usual cooperation.

geoffairey

Involved In Discussions
i Think you need a number of “reports”

you need to track all of your key metrics (you’ve mentioned several above) but also operational info such as Accidents, Environmental incidents, non-conformances. Near misses or hazard reports, defect rates, training completion percentages. These details need to be available To everyone at all times.

for your Leadership team though, at First you need to train them in what these are and what they mean, but over time what you report to them regularly is what they need to be aware of e.g. when something is no longer an issues, things that are going really well, things which are trending in the wrong direction, things which are in the wrong state (e.g. training not being completed on time)

if you can legitimately correlate data e.g. training levels dropping and accident or near miss rates increasing then do so.

always make all of the figures available to your leadership team, but actively send or present them with the areas you think need focus to improve.

lastly, while it’s easy to fall into a monthly, weekly or quarterly cycle of reporting that often leads to those topics only being discussed at those times. Try and ensure that you keep awareness high at other times.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I am a big believer in balanced scorecards because business performance factors really do depend on each other - often much more than managers realize. That said, how the information is displayed is less important than its consistently and fairly representing the factors. Making a balanced scorecard can be a big effort unless you have an enterprise data system that captures this information across the processes and systems. In all of my travels I have never seen it done in a single platform for QMS, EMS and OHSAS. It is fine to assemble the various pieces in a central place, and make sufficient detail understandable and readily available to persons whose efforts contribute to them.

Randy

Super Moderator
You reporting on the "Systems" or organizational performance?

On the reporting of "Systems" stuff you've no leeway, what you're required to report on is contained exactly like a checklist in section 9.3 of all those standards, change anything and you're wrong.

Anything else you report on is your business, report what you want, as much as you want and in any format you want. Outside you and your organization it's nobody elses business.

lobotm6

Involved In Discussions
I am a big believer in balanced scorecards because business performance factors really do depend on each other - often much more than managers realize. That said, how the information is displayed is less important than its consistently and fairly representing the factors. Making a balanced scorecard can be a big effort unless you have an enterprise data system that captures this information across the processes and systems. In all of my travels I have never seen it done in a single platform for QMS, EMS and OHSAS. It is fine to assemble the various pieces in a central place, and make sufficient detail understandable and readily available to persons whose efforts contribute to them.
Thanks so much Jen.

Sure, I have improvised a single platform where all the detail for over 50 processes with at least 4 KPIs (1 each for Q E H S).
And these are monitored, updated and verified each month for accuracy and consistency.
I am beginning to get some interesting ideas to put the results together to at least make it understandable to relevant persons within my organization.

Thank you all, and thanks Jen for drawing my attention to the balanced scorecards. That has inspired me a lot. I will share the result with you when it's all done.

Regards to the Cove....

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I did such reporting a lot, covering safety, environmental, quality (including corrective action managment and compliance), safeguards and security, but it would not be proper for me to supply copies of the actual reports, which were mostly SPC based dashboards. You can find some general information here, and at webinars I've hosted, such as
and

lobotm6

Involved In Discussions
I did such reporting a lot, covering safety, environmental, quality (including corrective action managment and compliance), safeguards and security, but it would not be proper for me to supply copies of the actual reports, which were mostly SPC based dashboards. You can find some general information here, and at webinars I've hosted, such as
and
Thanks Steve.
I am much grateful for these resources. I will carefully review them and give a feedback.

Regards.

lobotm6

Involved In Discussions
and
Thank you so much for the videos. Although not exactly what I was looking for they have been very very informative and opened up new concepts I have already started to use.

Very grateful Steve.

Top Bottom