Reputable, UK based Consultant for the Health & Safety standard OHSAS 18001

JoCam

Trusted Information Resource
Hello,

Could anyone recommend a reputable, UK based consultant for the Health & Safety standard OHSAS 18001?

Thanks in advance,

Jo

R

Richard_S_Porter

Hello Jo,

I saw your post on Twitter and have just-now registered with Elsmar Cove so that I can respond.

I've developed a light-weight and flexible ISO 18001 template that allows me to put a fully functional system in place for companies in a relatively short time and low cost and that satisfies UKAS accredited certification bodies.

I'm based in Somerset and would be pleased to talk it through with you and/or supply references. Apologies if I'm breaking etiquet (I'll fill out my profile asap) but you can contact me at "info at thehsqedepartment dot com" and I'll reply with my full contact details.

Regards,

Richard

R

Richard_S_Porter

Hello Jo,

Did you get yourself sorted out with help in the end?

Regards,

Richard

JoCam

Hello Jo,

Did you get yourself sorted out with help in the end?

Regards,

Richard

Hi Richard,

No, I didn't manage to get help in time, as our certified body gave us an earlier than expected date for initial assessment. I was hoping to have a pre-audit by an independant consultant beforehand, as this is the first 18001 system I've developed.

The initial audit was performed today, and I've been left a little disappointed. Is it correct that we must have all the scheduled risk assessments and system internal audits completed before we can gain certification? I was under the impression that examples of a couple of audits and a large percentage of completed risk assessments would suffice, just as long as plans are in place and being worked to.

Your help will be very much appreciated,

Jo

harry

...................Is it correct that we must have all the scheduled risk assessments and system internal audits completed before we can gain certification? ................................

Sorry for what had happened.

A similar issue was discussed here recently in the context of ISO standards and the answer is 'No' due to provisions in ISO 17021. As I know, most CBs apply the same for OHSAS too.

If you had posted questions related to this issue here, I am sure many are willing to help.

Last edited:

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Richard,

No, I didn't manage to get help in time, as our certified body gave us an earlier than expected date for initial assessment. I was hoping to have a pre-audit by an independent consultant beforehand, as this is the first 18001 system I've developed.

The initial audit was performed today, and I've been left a little disappointed. Is it correct that we must have all the scheduled risk assessments and system internal audits completed before we can gain certification? I was under the impression that examples of a couple of audits and a large percentage of completed risk assessments would suffice, just as long as plans are in place and being worked to.

Your help will be very much appreciated,

Jo

Hi Jo

My thoughts would have been that you didn't need them all done for the stage 1 audit but you would need them done for stage 2. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to verify that the whole system was up and running. I presume that you have either done a management review or have one planned before the stage 2?

Colin

Top Bottom