Reputations of ISO 9001 Certifying Bodies (Registrars) - SGS, AJA, BVQI, SAI Global

N

nidhir

Hello,
I would like to know what is the reputation of the following certifying bodies:
SGS, AJA, BVQI, SAI Global with respect to ISO 9001:2000 certification.

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Reputations of ISO 9001 Certifying Bodies (Registrars) - SGS, AJA, BVQI, SAI Glob

Hello,
I would like to know what is the reputation of the following certifying bodies:
SGS, AJA, BVQI, SAI Global with respect to ISO 9001:2000 certification.

I think the certification business is no different from any others from the business aspect. Size or business volume is important because it determines what business models they will adopt.

Usually the big boys, when they have a sufficient presence would like to have full time staffs, etc. The smaller ones may operate on some kind of franchise systems and often with contract or part time staffs. Arising out of these different models and arrangements are the varying degree of control one had over their people. While it is generally accepted that having better control and full time employees (less conflict of interest) would result in better service, it is not always true.

I also know of a smaller CB in my country who is well known in one particular sector but had poor reputation in another because a different person is in charge.

Back to your question and I regret that I have no answer for you because the reputable CB over here may not be so in another country.

What you should do is to check with people in your country. Trade associations are one of the best place to start with. Reference from your customers, suppliers and market feedback from others in similar or different industries are good sources.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Reputations of ISO 9001 Certifying Bodies (Registrars) - SGS, AJA, BVQI, SAI Glob

Wise words Harry, especially about the regional variations. It often comes down to individual people as to how good the service you get. I am finding that I get better service from some of the smaller CB's. The downside though is that they are not always as well accepted because their logo is not as well known.

I usually advise a company to check with their main customers to see if they have any problems with their proposed choice of CB. I know this is not ideal but why swim against the tide?

N

nidhir

:thanx:Thank you very much for your feedback. Will take note of it while selecting our CB.
Here in Mauritius, we have 3 main bodies, and each of them keep "badmouthing" each other. :mad:
Having worked for the biggest here, I ' well aware that some of them are afraid to give major non conformance to their customers. (you do not get the surveillance money!!) ISO 9001 is just a money making business for CB and consultants:frust:

rgds
Nidhir

P

potdar

Having worked for the biggest here, I ' well aware that some of them are afraid to give major non conformance to their customers. (you do not get the surveillance money!!) ISO 9001 is just a money making business for CB and consultants:frust:

Nidhir,

That's likely to be true for all of them. I always get hammered for saying this and still keep saying it. The best bet for you is to opt for the certifying body your major customers are certified with. That way they normally are comfortable knowing how good (or bad) your QMS is likely to be.

N

nidhir

How true and practical. Thanks

Top Bottom