Requesting Information From FDA concerning Archived 510K

M

MLocke

Can I request from the FDA information concerning another companies 510K; if so how? I know that this company in the past had a 510k on a specific product yet I can not find it on the website. I need to use it as a predicate device but can not find any information anywhere. What can I do?

Also can I purchase or somehow transfer a 510k from another company to mine...if that said company wishes to do so?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Can I request from the FDA information concerning another companies 510K; if so how? I know that this company in the past had a 510k on a specific product yet I can not find it on the website. I need to use it as a predicate device but can not find any information anywhere. What can I do?

Also can I purchase or somehow transfer a 510k from another company to mine...if that said company wishes to do so?
Can someone help?

Thank you!!

Stijloor.

bio_subbu

Super Moderator

Hi Welcome to the cove!!!

Please refer the existing thread "Selecting a predicate device for FDA 510(k) approval" check especially post # 11 (page2) onwards...

M

MLocke

I will proceed with the FOIA request, thank you; I thought so...Although, the second part of the question? Can a company choose to transfer a 510K to another company, I am assuming, yes...if that product and all the rights are sold to another company...but do you know where that process would start? Or should I seek some legal services?

M

MIREGMGR

Can a company choose to transfer a 510K to another company, I am assuming, yes...if that product and all the rights are sold to another company...but do you know where that process would start? Or should I seek some legal services?
http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/DeviceRegulationandGuidance/GuidanceDocuments/ucm150086.htm#5k

See the last heading.

Practically, the FDA is notified of the transfer of a 510(k) when the new owner enters it into a device Listing at the DLRM website. Of course, any prior Listings in the name of the prior 510(k) owner must be discontinued prior to the new user creating such new listings.

J

JohnJohnson

I just have found a series of videos you can rely to find a group to answer this specific question. They are reliable and experienced to give all the answers you need.

Hope this will help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dudes

Just a small remark (which doesn't necesarily apply to your case as it seems you have contacted the company that owns the 510(k)...

Be aware that if you do a FOIA request in your name, your competitor might be informed about it (he has the right to cross specific confidential infos before it is sent to you). If you don't want them to know you are up to something, it might be better to use a "middle-man" to do the request...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Requesting Information regarding BPO (Business Processing Outsourcing) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
A ISO 9001:2015 registrar Auditor requesting copies of procedure prior to audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
M Chrysler is requesting a "Torque Strategy" for all Fastener Joints FMEA and Control Plans 7
C Risks involved in requesting Cert to ISO9001:2015 right when released ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
R Clause in ISO 9001:2008 for Requesting Material from Customer Service Industry Specific Topics 9
J What is the most common industry requesting ISO 9001 Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Europe import Regulations? Customers are requesting us to sign OEM/ODM Agreements EU Medical Device Regulations 7
D Registrar Requesting Copies of Old Documents AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
A Supplier Audit Letter Requesting an Onsite Audit of their Manufacturing Facility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
N Foreign Manufacturer requesting FDA's CFG over their country's FSC 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
F Requesting Help in Identifying Ford Suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
P ISIR vs. PPAP - Customer is requesting an ISIR Cover Sheet according VDA Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
S Customer Requesting 3rd Party Audit Report (AIB) - Help! Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 17
M Requesting an Extension for Surveillance Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
R Requesting assistance on a company wide training program Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 10
Project Man How many First Article Inpections? Customer requesting 5 FAIs per Order Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
R Customer requesting NQA-1 supplement, ZS-1 w/appendix, ZA-1 compliance Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
N IMDS Warnings - Customer Requesting Fix (removal of warnings) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 16
M Demonstrating Substantial Equivalence - Requesting 510(k) data from company 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 17
S Experiencing an unreasonable increase in lead times when requesting quotes? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
S Supplier requesting Customer PPAP submission APQP and PPAP 5
M Requesting Auditor Change from Registrar - Feedback, Please Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
G Customer is requesting Variable Data for Attribute Gages in Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
P Ford is requesting a Phased PPAP - What is a Phased PPAP? APQP and PPAP 8
ScottK Requesting advice from home networking gurus After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 13
Q Requesting Assistance with EU Customs Question Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
D What do we need from the customer requesting TS 16949 registration from us? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Marc Z540, ISO 17025 and Calibration Data - Requesting Calibration data ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
J Controlled information versus defined documents / records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Medical device Reporting : Good Faith Effort for Additional information Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
P Cenelec updated standard information CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
Richard Regalado Automotive News TISAX - VDA ISA (information security assessment) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
JoCam False information provided for Medical Device Registration - What are the implications? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
adir88 Information of safety can reduce risk now? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
Richard Regalado What could go wrong with information: Ransomware statistics and facts (2018 to present) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
Q LOT or Serial Number Symbol not used when the information is contained in the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
A Information about Medical Device Test Laboratories Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
C Missing routers/documented information Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
MrTetris Unacceptable risk and information for safety ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 15
M Is Harmonised EN 1041 (Information Supplied By Manufacturer) Worth Looking At? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
P Predicate Device Information for 510(k) Submission Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
V IS/ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Clause 7, sub clause 7.11 Control of data and information management ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Requirements and Information - Help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
H Analog Pressure Gauge with no EN837 accuracy class information General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-12 Designating authority’s final assessment form: Key Information Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
G What information to put on measurement Dimensional Results APQP and PPAP 7
L MDR - Information in the instructions for use - clausole 23.4.(z) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K AS9100D Clause 7.5.2.a) - What is considered to be "documented information"? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
A Information on good laboratory practices (GLP) for the non-medical or food industry wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
I What kind of information needs to be in a calibration record? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 25