Requirement to have Customer Signature Profile on File

B

brianthermophilus

Hello,

I could use some help in determining if anyone has seen/heard of a requirement to have customer signature profiles on hand.

This question comes in response from our Document Coordinator advising that we must keep customer signature profiles on hand if we were to have them sign off on our Work Instructions (DCR page) used to manufacture something for that particular customer.

Is there a regulation out there that I may have missed?
How do others handle approving work instructions that were collaborated on with an outside customer?

:thanx:

Brian

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions
I think we could help you more if you expanded on why this was necessary. Is it for checking that only persons authorised by the customer to authorise and send documents, have authorised the received documents?

If this is the case I would be talking to the customer about their responsibilities for document control. I would not want to accept a customers responsibility to control their own documents.

If you have customer signatures how would you safeguard them against abuse? How would your organisation prevent those signatures from being used sign a real estate transfer form, for example?

I

isoalchemist

I've never seen it as a requirement. I agree with Kgott that this could only lead to more problems and work as it's possible signature authority may follow projects rather than a single source.

Not being a lawyer I can't verify this; but I have been told in my junior years to make sure you have the authority to sign because you are an agent of the company and you can bind us based on your signature.

W

Wilderness Woody

Hello,

I could use some help in determining if anyone has seen/heard of a requirement to have customer signature profiles on hand.

This question comes in response from our Document Coordinator advising that we must keep customer signature profiles on hand if we were to have them sign off on our Work Instructions (DCR page) used to manufacture something for that particular customer.

Is there a regulation out there that I may have missed?
How do others handle approving work instructions that were collaborated on with an outside customer?

:thanx:

Brian
The proliferation of Digital Signatures over physical signatures can open the door for abuse or fraud without proper authentication measures. Controlling access to the profile data using secured servers whether on-site or in the cloud is important. You wouldn't want someone to be able to hack the profile database and allow unauthorized signatures to be accepted would you? Demonstrating controlled access to the authentication makes the risk police "happy" or at least a little less jittery! :agree:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I MSA requirement for 5 Micrometers + CP changes need customer approval? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
H Customer Requirement for Certificate of Conformance (CoC) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
T Customer Requirement for Sorting - Visual Defect on Plastic Part IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
K APQP requirement when a new print or spec is received from a customer - Existing Part APQP and PPAP 3
R Is it a requirement to notify my customer if I receive a 483 from the FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
L ISO13485 past practice labeling vs customer requirement Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
V How to identify Customer Specific Requirement If is not provided by Customer Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
Stijloor GM (Supplier) and PPAP Requirement 3.1 Customer Notification APQP and PPAP 5
C Customer Requirement to Detect and Preclude use of Counterfeit & Used Parts Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
R Is there an ISO 13485 requirement to solicit Customer Feedback? Customer Complaints 5
M 8.2.1.1 - Customer Satisfaction - How to satisfy the end requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M 8.2.1 ?NOTE- Is Monitoring of Internal Customer Satisfaction a requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C Outsourced process and customer requirement of ISO/TS certification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K What is an ARA (American Recovery Act) document? Customer Requirement Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
N Customer Requirement exceeded my BMC (Best Measurement Capability) Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 3
D Customer Property Identification Requirement - ISO 9001 Clause 7.5.4 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 77
V Requirement 7.5.1.8 Service Agreement with Customer - What does it mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
T Notification of lost/damaged Customer Property - Customer Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
L Customer requirement to create a Guide for defining Control Methods FMEA and Control Plans 9
R Customer Radiation Requirement headache RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 7
K Complying with Ford customer requirement 4.35 Variable Gage Studies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
L Is there any place for sampling plan if customer requirement is 20 DPPM Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
H Requirements in TS for PPAP - Full PPAP or as per Customer Requirement? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
N CSE Approach - Customer Requirement - What is CSE Approach? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S 'Solidity of Colour' Rubbing Test - Customer Requirement Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
M Customer Format - Documenting Customer Software Requirement Specification and DDD Software Quality Assurance 10
M FDA Compliant Company - which procedure addresses Customer Order Changes/Requirement? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
D Tube Cleanliness Level - 10 microns nominal - New Customer Requirement Career and Occupation Discussions 3
C Delphi Customer Specific Requirement (CSR) - Delphi releases their updated version Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
P TS 16949 - 7.4.1.2 requirement and customer waiver - How can I argue this clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Customer requirement implementation - Seeking control system example or suggestions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
W New Customer Requirement - Identify key performance measures and Leading Indicators Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
Q Customer's Interpretation vs. TS16949 clause 7.4.1.2 Supplier Development Requirement Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 70
P Regarding TS 16949 Clause 7.5.2.1 - No customer requirement IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Customer Supplied Product and Traceability - No Customer Requirement - Toll Processor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
B Customer Requirement Data Sheet - Samples? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
D ISO 14001 Customer Requirement QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
Q Customer Specific Requirement, How to deal? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 9
F Customer Part Drawings - Is there any requirement as to where they are kept? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
A Several sections of traditional 510(K) have the same or similar requirement of content. US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
S Requirement to Conduct New Shelf-life Testing? (re-do testing for design change) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C Compliance with ISO 17025 requirement 8.4.2 - Controls - Records recovery ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
Q User Requirement Specification for HR (Human Resource Management System) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
P Obstruction alarm requirement ISO 80601-2-12 Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
P Electrosurgical Device User Need: Cord Flexibility -> Requirement Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
C Industrial scales and MSA (IATF 16949 requirement 7.1.5.1.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 30
C ISO 13485 Requirement in Australia/NZ for class 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
N Label Placement Requirement in MDD/MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
adir88 MDR requirement: Risk Management Plan for "each device" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
S Article 61 - MDR Clinical Investigation Requirement EU Medical Device Regulations 5