Requirements - Controlling and Maintaining Sheet Metal Templates for Production Use

T

TrishDish

Question - what are the requirements on controlling and maintaining templates (specifically, sheet metal) for production use? My company has hundreds of templates, made over time, to aid in production runs. Some are labeled, some are not but all are stored in a manner to offer them protection. I see in AS9100 Section 7.5.1.3 a brief description for the control of production equipment, tools and software programs. Do the templates we have fall in that category and, if so, how could we best control and maintain them to be compliant? Also, do they need to be "revision controlled"?
Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Requirements - Controlling and Maintaining Sheet Metal Templates for Production U

Any aerospace manufacturing/quality people who can help Trish?

Thank you very much!

Stijloor.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Requirements - Controlling and Maintaining Sheet Metal Templates for Production U

Another quick "Bump" in case one of you folks can help out. My Thanks in advance!

harry

Trusted Information Resource

This is in an industry supplying seat covers and cushions (non aircraft and hence not AS certified but ISO 9001) where they had hundreds of templates for marking, cutting and sewing. All their templates are controlled to facilitate identification, changes and often the need to prepare new ones as the condition of the existing ones deteriorate.

B

biz002

Hi Trish,

I guess it would depend on what kind of templates they are? If they are an actual flat pattern product that you lay on top to make sure you are making the correct part then check hole diameters or if its a Press Brake fixture that you made for a specific job. Can you be more specific?

I know the special templates whe have also carry a current rev, so the next time you run the part if it rolls rev you will know. In a manufactuing environment fixture control can get a bit overwhelming. :mg:

Top Bottom