Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Requirements for Layered Process Audits including Maintenance, Shipping, Receiving

Hello,

I had previously worked for a company that included all departments for our LPAs. I am now with a company that only completes LPA for the manufacturing floor process. I am curious as to if anyone knows if there is a standard requirement?

Paid Advertisement - Forum Supporter

antoine.dias

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello,

I had previously worked for a company that included all departments for our LPAs. I am now with a company that only completes LPA for the manufacturing floor process. I am curious as to if anyone knows if there is a standard requirement?
In the standard itself there is no mentioning of LPA.
In some of the customer specifics there is.
Example for Fiat-Chrysler :
Organizations supplying production parts or components to FCA US shall conduct Layered Process Audits (LPA) on all elements of manufacturing and assembly lines that produce production parts or components for FCA US.
Interpretations are possible on the wording "all elements" - does this include e.g. maintenance ?

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
GM states

4. All departments within the organization.

They also state

In addition to layered process audits the organization shall audit specific manufacturing processes
(see chart below) annually to determine their effectiveness. Applicability and effectiveness of these
processes shall be determined utilizing the most current version CQI standard (see chart below). The
effectiveness evaluation shall include the organization’s self-assessment, actions taken, and that
records are maintained.

This might be the difference but as antoine stated the requirements for LPAs is a customer one only

Look at what your customers want and what you want to achieve.
Too often the LPAs are a total waste of time and are no more than pencil whipping.

Top Bottom