Research on ISO 9001 since its release in 1987

N

Nadeem A.

Is it safe to say that "Extensive research has been made on ISO 9001 since 1987"? Keep in mind the first ISO 9001 standard came in 1987.

J

Jim Biz

Is this a test??

Seems I may have more questions than answers but if you could expand a bit someone might be able to give you better input.

"Safe"?? to say it ??? Sure - dont think the verbal police would Fine ya for saying it.... OR dont think a bomb would go off because ya did (Joke-Joke) :lick:

BUT?? Is the statement to be included in a Q manal? a presentation? a report of some kind :confused:

And what type of "Extensive research"? research by whom ? for what issue?

"Came in 1987"? If for a report or presentation I'd suggest "Was adopted for wide spread use" or - "was recognized..... etc. :bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nadeem A.

Jim,

Thanks for the quick response. First of all, this is not a test:)

Actually, I am going to write a detail report about ISO 9000. I don't want to write/say anything which is in doubt, so that's why I put my question over here for the clarification.

Extensive research in the field of ISO 9000 means in depth research on any topic/issue of ISO 9000, irrespective of the people or continent.

For example:

- Empirical study on implementing ISO 9000 elements
- Surveys conducted by any research group (irrespective of the continent)
- Difficulty in implementing ISO 9000 process-based approach
- Benefits of getting registration
- Peoples attitude towards ISO 9000
- etc.

I know ISO itself conducts a detail survey every year but my question is still there. At this point, I assume that extensive research on ISO 9000 has been started since 1987. :confused:

N

Nadeem A.

Jim,

This report will be the partial fulfilment of getting Master's degree in Industrial and Mechanical Engineering. Intended audience will be Professor's and it may publish in some quality magazines. I would really appreciate if you share some good articles related to statistically analyzed companies quality management system (preferrably ISO 9001:2000 version).

Regards,

N

Nadeem A.

Jim,

I got bit late to response you. But thanks for sharing such a propitious information. My area of interest is ISO 9001:2000. I will be analyzing degree of difficulty in implementing ISO 9000 process based approach with the factors such as reasons for getting ISO 9000 registration, size of the company, operating years, market and shares. I will share my research on this forum and hopefuly it will be helpful for others to analyze the same thing in their premises.

My appreciation will be expanded, if you share informations available about the business impact of the excellence models (Baldrige and the EFQM model).

Regards,

N

Nadeem A.

Thanks Jim, it may take five or six months to compile whole result in a presentable form.

Regards,

Nadeem.

N

Nadeem A.

Hi All,

I am able to finish and publish preliminary results of my thesis with your help and support. These results have been placed in the thread "Empirical Study on Canadian Companies" as an attachment file.

Can anyone suggests me, which should be the appropriate journal for publishing that paper?

Thanks for all help.

Regards,

Top Bottom