Responding to ISO9001 or TS16949 Audit NCR?s/Observations.

B

BROWNP

Responding to ISO9001 or TS16949 Audit NCR’s/Observations.

Hi all,

I'd like to hear your opinions on this one

In responding to ISO9001 or TS16949 Audit NCR’s/Observations, is it a requirement to provide the response to the 3rd Party Auditor (BSI in this case) in the form of an 8D Report, or is it acceptable to just provide Proposals for Corrective & Preventive Actions with timescales. If possible can anyone provide examples of responses/formats for responses.

:thanx:

T

tyker

I also have the pleasure of BSI's company.
I don't do a full 8D but they do insist (for TS at least) on root cause analysis.
I send an e-mail with, for each non-conformity, root cause and action taken/ proposed and dates. No set format.

sonflowerinwales

In the country
When we used BSi, I used to send a polite letter, action taken, controls in place to prevent recurrence, and any other relevant information. Again, no set format, just listed the actions.
Paul

E

ezorangee

No Formal 8D

I agree with the other posts. I recently assisted one of our plants in responding to, yes, BSI, in the 8D format and it was a nightmare. Normally, we have just done the NCR, root cause, action taken, action dates, and responsibility.

AndyN

Moved On
Hello, fellow Brits!

I've always found that some form of response to cause identification is all that's necessary. A full-blown 8D might take a while to pull together and is probably overkill. Also, it depends on the nature of the nc. If the 3rd party actually found a systemmic problem, then root cause is appropriate, but if it's the kind of 'isolated' stuff they tend to write, I'd just do a 'correction'.:eek:

And before anyone who reads this, blows a fuse, the chair of the US TAG on TC 176 spoke at the ASQ conference two years ago about the same deal. Correction is appropriate and not everything needs overblown Corrective action!:ca:

Andy

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
BROWNP said:
Hi all,

I'd like to hear your opinions on this one

In responding to ISO9001 or TS16949 Audit NCR’s/Observations, is it a requirement to provide the response to the 3rd Party Auditor (BSI in this case) in the form of an 8D Report, or is it acceptable to just provide Proposals for Corrective & Preventive Actions with timescales. If possible can anyone provide examples of responses/formats for responses.

:thanx:

I would not require an 8D format, but would at a minimum expect to see root cause, actions and verification it was effective.

Top Bottom