Responsibilities of a QA (Quality Assurance) Inspector

E

eienring

I've been waiting for my annual review for the last month now and I thought this would be good time to find out how much I'm worth.

I currently work in the automotive industry. I transitioned to QA Inspector from manual labor position last year. I started out inspecting and document parts and nothing more. Now I'm tasked with creating inspection forms, marking prints, PPAPs, keep track of blue print revisions, in addition to part inspection and other minor things.

My current pay is $10.75hr and I know that's less than what I should be getting for the added responsibilities. I didn't really want to bring it up to my manager because I don't know where to draw the difference between a simple QA Inspector to something more than.

If possible, I would like some assistance in determining how much I should be paid, and the proper title so I know how much to ask for if I find a position elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
It depends on level of labour contract and related laws of the country where you work.
Besides, the level of salary also depends on the level of studies done, experiences as well as responsibilities. There are sites on the where you can calculate the average of the salary depending upon the job ( a sort of market review).:bigwave:

J

JLang

Good question. Trying to determine worth or value in a company in a strictly monetary sense can be overwhelming. It does depend largely upon the size of your company, the revenue they generate, and the responsibilities you take on. From the sounds of it, you have taken on quite a large amount of additional work. If you have not seen an increase in pay from when you have added those resopnsibilities I believe it would be justified for you to ask for one. I would check sites such as www.payscale.com, www.simplyhired.com, and www.salary.com. Good Luck!

S

ssz102

difference company have difference requirements, for example:eek:utput quality control and final product quality control, or handling nonconfomity parts and validate and verify the correct actions and so on

T

tomvehoski

Glassdoor.com also has salary information. Find business similar to yours to see what others report being paid.

It is difficult to say without knowing your actual responsibilities, capabilities and location. Title is not all that meaningful. I have made more money in a large organization as an engineer vs. a small family owned place as a manager with direct reports. It all depends on how much management feels you are worth. Sometimes it is not market rate, so looking to move on could be the right thing to do if you want to advance.

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
There are also a lot of regional variations on pay. Here in the midwest that job could pay from $10-$20/hour depending on location. If looking to move on also take into considerations what your company might do to keep you around, including paying for schooling, training, seminars and certifications. If they are ecouraging you to grow, the pay will come.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Functions and Responsibilities of Quality Assurance in R&D US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
M Quality Assurance Manager - Tasks and Responsibilities...? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
G Supplier Quality Assurance Roles and Responsibilities Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
C Quality Manager vs Warranty (service) Manager - Authorities & Responsibilities Customer Complaints 2
M Quality Board Membership and Responsibilities Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
J How to decide work-stream in scope of Quality - Roles and Responsibilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Technical Oversight - Government Shipyard Quality Office Responsibilities Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 10
L Quality Mgr vs Business Development Admin. - Roles and Responsibilities Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
T Senior SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) Specific Roles and Responsibilities Career and Occupation Discussions 5
B Sales vs. Quality vs. Manufacturing - Interactions and Responsibilities Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 13
R Distinction between Management Representative vs. Quality Manager Responsibilities IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Q Responsibilities in a Quality Group ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
K Quality Responsibilities (job description) of Line Managers Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
D Job Description and Responsibilities for a New Quality Engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 8
S Quality Responsibilities within the Automobile Industry - Interview Expectations Career and Occupation Discussions 7
O QMS (Quality Management Systems) Team Structure & Responsibilities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J Quality Systems Coordinator vs. Management Representatve - Responsibilities and Roles ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
V What are the roles and responsibilities of quality system engineers? General Auditing Discussions 1
Ajit Basrur Roles and Responsibilities - Quality Manager, Lab Manager and Technical Manager ? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J Restructuring and Additional Responsibilities - Need New Quality Title Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 15
Z Define Supplier Quality Engineer Responsibilities Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
S What is the complete Job Responsibilities of a Quality Manager or Incharge? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
A Supplier Quality Engineer - SQE job responsibilities in automotive industry Career and Occupation Discussions 2
J Delegation of Quality Manager responsibilities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
J What does a Quality Manager do? Responsibilities? Duties? Hands On? Career and Occupation Discussions 48
M Responsibilities of Importers / Distributors - MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
E Responsibilities opening new markets outside EU Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Study sign off question / responsibilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Taking over Conflict Minerals responsibilities RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
D 3 Companies - Medical device parts and substances - Responsibilities EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Economic operator responsibilities - when the Importer is also Distributor - Article 13 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Q Relabeler for patent expired product - design control responsibilities? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Z Economic Operators Responsibilities after DOA for legacy MDD devices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D Reorganizing responsibilities between management teams and Employees in them ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
N ISO 9001:2015 - 5.3 - The roles and responsibilities matrix rears it's head ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D ISO13485:2016 7.5.6 Process Validation Responsibilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Contract Manufacturers and MDF Responsibilities, ISO 13485:2016, Clause 4.2.3 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
W Scope of MRB (Material Review Board) Responsibilities Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
JoCam Distributors Responsibilities - Medical Device Recalls EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J What are a Taiwanese Medical device subcontractor's legal responsibilities with Taiwan regulations? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
S Responsibilities between government owner and private subcontractor of a power plant seeking ISO 9001 certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N Regulatory Responsibilities of an OEM and Private Label manufacturer Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
M Exemptions, Responsibilities, and Penalties (in Australia) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
C Significant Organizational Changes - Documented Responsibilities Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
A VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) Responsibilities and Requirements VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
M Complaint Handling Responsibilities for a Design Partner - ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
R Outsourced Plating Supplier Responsibilities Service Industry Specific Topics 8
N Roles and Responsibilities with Suppliers for NC Parts Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5
O Distributors and ISO 13485 - DHF and DMR Responsibilities ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Jen Kirley Shared responsibilities in Responsible Care 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2