Reusing the ID of superseded forms in a Document Consolidation exercise?

N

nurhakim

Hi
In our QMS system,we have a masterlist of documents.However as time goes by,we have consolidated few forms.Meaning to say there is few document
ID number which not belong to any documents.Now we are arranging the documents so that they are in order.Can we use the document number of non-belonging to other remaining do uments?How the revision number will look like?
Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

sridharafep

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Changing the document ID

Hey - you need to refer the way you have written your control of documents in your procedure / manual.

You can have numbering in different way according to tour business requirement and basically u need to have control measures. 4.2.3

Generally you can also identify by title and date / or unique number with revision / issues.

Hello nurhakim, :bigwave:

I am not entirely sure I understood what you mean, so just to make sure you get the answers you need:
there is few document ID number which not belong to any documents
Is your system simply running out of available document ID numbers?
Now we are arranging the documents so that they are in order.
In what kind of order (Acc. to process, numbering, or...)?
Can we use the document number of non-belonging to other remaining douments?
Could you describe the numbering system you use?

/Claes

N

nurhakim

hi,

thanks...basically we are not running out of numbers,I am now taking charge of the document control from another personnel.I found out that some documents and quality records are no longer in use.So I decided to remove them from our system.As I want to rearrange them in terms of numbering system i.e. 01,02 etc,I might want to consider reusing the document numbers.

harry

Super Moderator

...............Now we are arranging the documents so that they are in order.Can we use the document number of non-belonging to other remaining documents? ...................
Generally, there is no requirement that the IDs/# must be in continuous running numbers nor is there a requirement to even use document numbering. Unless you are carrying out a complete revamp, be careful because such numbers may be quoted in other documents such as WIs or PQPs and it may also cause confusion to the regular users.

.................... I am now taking charge of the document control from another personnel.I found out that some documents and quality records are no longer in use.So I decided to remove them from our system. .........................
Good opportunity to make sure that the whole QMS documents meet your current needs and then revamp and reissue it. Make sure that you make the necessary updates and changes to your relevant document control procedures in view of the changes made.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Reusing Medical Devices in India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
B Reusing paper of Obsolete Documents to Control Waste Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
M Reusing existing RUO Software for IVD Development 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
Le Chiffre Reusing similar device's risk analysis ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Why does Official Journal list superseded standards? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M SAE-QQ-A-250/11A has been superseded by SAE-AMS-4027N AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
planB Biocompatibility: Blue Book Memorandum #G95-1 superseded by new FDA guidance Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
B Was EN 980:2008 superseded by EN 15223-1:2012 on January 31, 2013 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Information on IEC 60601-2-101 for IVDs - Has it been superseded? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 9
S Internal Audit Finding relating to Superseded Documentation Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 36
C Superseded military specifications (MIL specs) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 19
P MIL-STD 1235C - Is it still Valid or has it been Superseded by another Standard? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Q Serialization and Reconciliation of Forms Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 7
I When do FORMs and Log Files become Records? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
G Any good examples of CAPA forms that include a risk based approach? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Forms Master List versus Record Matrix ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M What to do about Non Conformance forms that are deleted or missing? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
R Purchase order forms - who keeps them? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
GreatNate Various Audit Templates - Canned forms and templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
W Informational MDSAP Substantial change / Change of notice forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D Internal audit forms or checklists for a medical/veterinary laboratory General Auditing Discussions 5
I Document levels and approval requirements for lower level documents like work instructions, forms etc. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
S Supplier Audit Assessment / Evaluation Forms IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
K Do Forms and Templates ALWAYS become Records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
M ISO13485 Documentation packs (manual, procedures, forms etc) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Medical Device Servicing - Forms and Signature ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Control of Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M AS9100D Process Map Requirements - PEAR Forms AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 18
O AS9102 FAI report Forms 1-3 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
QSM_Rick Controlling Multi-Tab Microsoft Excel Forms Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
R Standards Data Forms (form 3654) - American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
H Manufacturer vs. Supplier - Which is which on PPAP Forms APQP and PPAP 3
pammesue ISO 9001:2008 Design and Development Process & Forms examples wanted Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
P FDA has just released the forms for "Small Business Qualification and Certification" Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
W Form Approval - Blank forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
W Unattached (stand-alone) Forms acceptable for AS9100C? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
J Training SOP and Forms Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M Some ISO 9001:2015 Forms and Templates Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Customer Forms as external documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
H Incomplete forms and records missing date or a name Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6
T Controlled Forms - Centralized or Decentralized? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Document Numbers (Identification) on Forms (AS9100) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
S Clinical Trial Informed Consent Forms ("retro-signing") US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
A How to Verify Supplier I-9 Forms for ITAR Requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Gman2 Control of Documents and (FORMS) on a Computer Network ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
MichaelDRoach Where in ISO 9001 is White Out on Forms and Records Prohibited? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
K List of procedures and forms or records required by ISO 15189:2012 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Photocopy of Data Entry in Traveler Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
cscalise Separate Forms or Procedure Attachments - What's more common? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
C Controlled Forms Conundrum Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2