Review of OASIS Feedback - Note on Management Review

T

tkevmoore

All,
Cleaning up some old files and I came across this note on Management Review:

One of the requirements that can affect you is that management reviews should include a review of feedback in the OASIS database from aerospace primes and sub-primes. This is referred to as the "OASIS Feedback Loop".​

Have no idea where it came from but I searched the OASIS site to see if there was someplace where I could see feedback on my company. Is it possible to see this or do you just wait for your CB to contact you? And will they if they determine that the feedback is worthwhile? Would hate to have my auditor spring this on me during a surveillance audit.

Thanks for your sage wisdom!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Is it possible to see this or do you just wait for your CB to contact you? And will they if they determine that the feedback is worthwhile? Would hate to have my auditor spring this on me during a surveillance audit.
If anyone (typically a customer) triggers a feedback about your organization in OASIS, they have an option of making the supplier aware or not of the feedback. In my experience, in most cases the person triggering the feedback will cc the supplier about the problem.

Irrespective of that, if people are using the OASIS feedback loop as they should, there should be NO SURPRISE to the supplier. After all, the OASIS feedback loop is not supposed to replace the necessary, on-going communication between customers and their respective supplier. The feedback loop serves as an escalation path to involve CB's, AB's and other stakeholders on the dissatisfaction in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Conversely, if a CB receives a feedback via OASIS, they should OBVIOUSLY communicate with the registrant about the issue. Depending on the severity of the problem, the CB might have to perform a special/short notice audit or they could use the information as an input to the next scheduled surveillance of the organization, according to AS9101D,

A presentation of the OASIS feedback loop process is attached. I had created a couple of threads in this Forum about the channel.

Attachments

• feedbackprocess.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
Reactions: Joy
Top Bottom