Review on data back-up procedures for Banking sector

C

Csarat

Hi,

Does anyone have experience around back-up procedure review for banking sector?

Please help to share me any ideas such as:
- What are the area that we need to review in back-up procedure?
- Are there any standard or guideline for back-up procedure?

Thanks,

Sarat

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I assume you mean data backup.

There are a number of basics, but it will significantly depend upon the size of the bank and the complexity of the bank's data systems (e.g. is there a website customers can use?).

My first question to you is what IT experience you have? Second - What is the objective of the procedure review?

C

Csarat

Thank Marc,

I have one year experience with External IT Audit and currently, I am working on the project review over data back-up procedure to ensure that the back-up procedure are adequate and cater to the new IT environment for core banking system. So, what are the area that we need to review in back-up procedure? or which point that we should consider to have in backup procedure?

Thanks,

Sarat

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I can't personally help you as I have absolutely no experience in banking. Unfortunately few people in bank IT stop by here.

I can say that in general I would assume requirements would be standard backup methods and in particular checking that backups "work". It was recently discovered here that when a DDoS occurred, the backups were not working. They were not being tested.

In short, review the backup procedure and and make sure it includes "standard" aspects such as those listed here with an emphasis on testing backup restores.

Q

QAMTY

Dear Scarat
For data backup, already there are some methods very well known and established
Daily,weekly,monthly,yearly,total,incremental, differential backups.
But this is task of the IT people, for you, in the case of audits, follow the established procedures ,Additionally what is required by the standard.
Hope this helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Review of "Key Data" for contract labs, but SOP doesn't define "key data". Problem? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
Q Monthly Data Review through Control Charts - Monitoring Complaints ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
K Interpretation of 'Breakpoint' in MSA - Please review my data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M IQA Analysis Data - How do you compile and prepare IQA Data for Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
T Management Review and Audit Data Requirements Management Review Meetings and related Processes 11
M 8.4 Analysis of Data - Required Management Review Data Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
G How measurement, data and review all fit together ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Forms review Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
C Contract Review with Multiple Line items ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
D CSV - Periodic Review Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
qualprod To set frequency to review documents in ISO 9001 7.5? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
M What to be careful about/focus on when doing a Technical File review EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Watchcat Anyone had an MDR technical file review/audit yet? EU Medical Device Regulations 13
B Label Review for Class II Device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Help with Drawing Review - ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
A Literature review/HACCP validation of metal detection Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
F Process Review - What is the ISO requirement for reviewing SOPs and quality documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
N MDR review process by notified body - How many steps exist in the review process EU Medical Device Regulations 0
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Informational US FDA paper – Epidemiological Evidence on the Adverse Health Effects Reports in Relation to Mercury from Dental Amalgam: Systematic Literature Review Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA Consultation: Review of the regulation of certain self-testing IVDs in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational US FDA Final Guidance – Acceptance Review for De Novo Classification Requests Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
C Design Transfer Review - Before or after PQ validation? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
M Setting deadlines (ex. 45 days) for Document Registration & Review Cycle Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
Nicole Desouza Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
M Informational Updated US FDA Resources for Third Party Review Organizations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Document review on already approved registrations requested by China's NMPA? China Medical Device Regulations 3
J Literature Review (marketing etc) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Informational US FDA – Requests for Supervisory Review of Certain Decisions Made by the Center for Devices and Radiological Health – Final Rule Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - MR (Management Review) - Adequacy of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How to run a Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
W Scope of MRB (Material Review Board) Responsibilities Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
W Internal Auditing carried out by a 3rd party - Review of previous audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Engineering Drawing Review and Approval Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9