Review on data back-up procedures for Banking sector

C

Csarat

Hi,

Does anyone have experience around back-up procedure review for banking sector?

Please help to share me any ideas such as:
- What are the area that we need to review in back-up procedure?
- Are there any standard or guideline for back-up procedure?

Thanks,

Sarat

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
I assume you mean data backup.

There are a number of basics, but it will significantly depend upon the size of the bank and the complexity of the bank's data systems (e.g. is there a website customers can use?).

My first question to you is what IT experience you have? Second - What is the objective of the procedure review?

C

Csarat

Thank Marc,

I have one year experience with External IT Audit and currently, I am working on the project review over data back-up procedure to ensure that the back-up procedure are adequate and cater to the new IT environment for core banking system. So, what are the area that we need to review in back-up procedure? or which point that we should consider to have in backup procedure?

Thanks,

Sarat

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
I can't personally help you as I have absolutely no experience in banking. Unfortunately few people in bank IT stop by here.

I can say that in general I would assume requirements would be standard backup methods and in particular checking that backups "work". It was recently discovered here that when a DDoS occurred, the backups were not working. They were not being tested.

In short, review the backup procedure and and make sure it includes "standard" aspects such as those listed here with an emphasis on testing backup restores.

Q

QAMTY

Dear Scarat
For data backup, already there are some methods very well known and established
Daily,weekly,monthly,yearly,total,incremental, differential backups.
But this is task of the IT people, for you, in the case of audits, follow the established procedures ,Additionally what is required by the standard.
Hope this helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Review of "Key Data" for contract labs, but SOP doesn't define "key data". Problem? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
Q Monthly Data Review through Control Charts - Monitoring Complaints ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
K Interpretation of 'Breakpoint' in MSA - Please review my data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M IQA Analysis Data - How do you compile and prepare IQA Data for Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
T Management Review and Audit Data Requirements Management Review Meetings and related Processes 11
M 8.4 Analysis of Data - Required Management Review Data Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
G How measurement, data and review all fit together ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Management Review Inputs ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D Timelines for COVID-19 desktop review UK Medical Device Regulations 0
D Key Performance Indicators / KPI Review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
B ETO Annual review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J How many hours for a NB to review Technical Documentation? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Origin of Material Review Board AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
H Has anyone undergone MDR FQA review yet? EU Medical Device Regulations 10
A MDR - Legacy Device Review Timeframe and Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Complaint review as part of the complaint handling process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Document Review and Document Approval --- 2 Signatures needed acc. §820.40? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
Y Procedures on Contract Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
J Example of a defined procedure for carrying out Material Review Board (MRB) Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
A API Monogram audit review process Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
S Transitional Adolescent A and B - "CDRH PREMARKET REVIEW SUBMISSION COVER SHEET FORM FDA 3514" Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
S Risk Management Review ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
G Management Review (integrated system) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 21
M Management review check-list Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
A Ethics Committee Review Process for IVD Products EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N Example for design and development planning,input,output,review,verification,validation and transfer Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
G Control Plan & PFMEA Review Procedure? FMEA and Control Plans 8
B SAP Audit trail Periodic Review EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K AS9100D 8.2.1 Review Requirements for Products and Services AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
rerusk1 MRB (Material Review Board) Process using MS Sharepoint or MS Teams Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K 510k FDA review, will they accept Biocompatibility result generated using feasibility product lots? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
R MDR & depth of technical files review by NB's EU Medical Device Regulations 18
D Legacy Device Review CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Q PPT used as Design Review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
bryan willemot Contract Review and risk managment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J Can signed agreements over-ride review of every "contract" under ISO 13485:2016? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S ISO 9001 Clause 8.2.3 - Review of the requirements for products and services in a Cafe ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A 510(k) review timeline 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
eule del ayre Documented Information - Periodic Review of Documents? IATF 16949:2016 / ISO 9001:2015 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 34
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Forms review Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
V Quality review Meeting with Customer for complaints we received Customer Complaints 6
C Contract Review with Multiple Line items ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 14
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6