Review on data back-up procedures for Banking sector

C

Csarat

Hi,

Does anyone have experience around back-up procedure review for banking sector?

Please help to share me any ideas such as:
- What are the area that we need to review in back-up procedure?
- Are there any standard or guideline for back-up procedure?

Thanks,

Sarat

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I assume you mean data backup.

There are a number of basics, but it will significantly depend upon the size of the bank and the complexity of the bank's data systems (e.g. is there a website customers can use?).

My first question to you is what IT experience you have? Second - What is the objective of the procedure review?

C

Csarat

Thank Marc,

I have one year experience with External IT Audit and currently, I am working on the project review over data back-up procedure to ensure that the back-up procedure are adequate and cater to the new IT environment for core banking system. So, what are the area that we need to review in back-up procedure? or which point that we should consider to have in backup procedure?

Thanks,

Sarat

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I can't personally help you as I have absolutely no experience in banking. Unfortunately few people in bank IT stop by here.

I can say that in general I would assume requirements would be standard backup methods and in particular checking that backups "work". It was recently discovered here that when a DDoS occurred, the backups were not working. They were not being tested.

In short, review the backup procedure and and make sure it includes "standard" aspects such as those listed here with an emphasis on testing backup restores.

Q

QAMTY

Dear Scarat
For data backup, already there are some methods very well known and established
Daily,weekly,monthly,yearly,total,incremental, differential backups.
But this is task of the IT people, for you, in the case of audits, follow the established procedures ,Additionally what is required by the standard.
Hope this helps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Part 145 Maintenance Data Review EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 1
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Review of "Key Data" for contract labs, but SOP doesn't define "key data". Problem? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
Q Monthly Data Review through Control Charts - Monitoring Complaints ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Y Sample Data Charts (Excel table) - Please review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
K Interpretation of 'Breakpoint' in MSA - Please review my data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
M IQA Analysis Data - How do you compile and prepare IQA Data for Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
T Management Review and Audit Data Requirements Management Review Meetings and related Processes 11
M 8.4 Analysis of Data - Required Management Review Data Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
G How measurement, data and review all fit together ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Ensuring Document Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D 8.3.2.1 Review of the Requirements for Products and Services. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D 8.2.3.1 Review of the Requirements for Products and Services AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Y EU MDR Technical Documentation - Defined Review EU Medical Device Regulations 1
V Review of the Requirements of products and services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
CPhelan Optimizing Training Review Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
T FDA PMA review process - advisory panel timing? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
J Periodic review of Documents during management review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 26
I Section 8.2.3.1 Order Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Old procedure review and training requirements Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
D Increasing efficiency - Capt. Proj. Document Review Matrix Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Is complete testing required as per ISO 10993 for materials used in orthopedic implants or is literature review route possible Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Scope of management review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Are we getting scammed by our Notified Body? They are asking to review all changes to determine if they are Significant CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M Review of work - independent review? or can it be the same person ? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
H Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
C Bulk Record Retention Review Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
FRA 2 FDA Product NCRs- Quality Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
J How to evaluate the effectiveness of management review? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Customer audit report review and approval ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D 62304 code review, unit test, integration test example IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
P Product Quality Review API-GMP Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
R Quality policy review document IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Q Management Review ISO 9001-2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
M ISO27001 18.2.1 - Internal Independent review IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
M CER Review EU Medical Device Regulations 2
JoCam Non CE marked device for customer review Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
D Control chart selection of multiple batches review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
F Need help in IMS management review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
M Resume Review Request - Quality Assurance Career and Occupation Discussions 11
T Using Review articles from Pubmed for CER CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
M Management Review Inputs ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
D Timelines for COVID-19 desktop review UK Medical Device Regulations 0
D Key Performance Indicators / KPI Review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
B ETO Annual review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J How many hours for a NB to review Technical Documentation? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Origin of Material Review Board AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
J NCR- Failure of contract review process - NADCAP audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
H Has anyone undergone MDR FQA review yet? EU Medical Device Regulations 10
A MDR - Legacy Device Review Timeframe and Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3