Revision History Page on Procedures Back/Front of Doc

C

carmelwish

Is it acceptable to have revision history pages at the back of a procedure instead of the front?

Should you have a list of approvers or distribution list on each procedure?

If you have an automated document control software system, do you need the list of approvers and/or distribution list?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Is it acceptable to have revision history pages at the back of a procedure instead of the front?

Should you have a list of approvers or distribution list on each procedure?

If you have an automated document control software system, do you need the list of approvers and/or distribution list?
Hi carmelwish and welcome to the Cove!

I am going to answer your questions based strictly on an QMS set-up to comply with ISO9001 as I don't know what the requirements are for "specialty" fields.

1st off, understand that I abhore revision history included on the procedure. I think that is a waste of space and clutters the document. ISO does not require any specific formating of procedures, but you must have a system for assuring the latest revision is available for use. I will say the same about a distribution list being included in the procedure. Where I work, we do keep a seperate "matrix" of who needs to be trained on procedures, and re-trained when they are revised.

Hope this helps a bit!

C

C Emmons

I placed a revison history section at the each of each procedure. I have a prepared by and approved by section in the footers of the word documents. They are then placed on our company intranet.

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
I keep a red-lined, reviewed and approved hardcopy in my files. Then I remove all that stuff from the final revision of the procedure. It always confuses everyone (including the registrar) if I leave that history in the doc.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
1st off, understand that I abhore revision history included on the procedure. I think that is a waste of space and clutters the document. ISO does not require any specific formating of procedures, but you must have a system for assuring the latest revision is available for use. I will say the same about a distribution list being included in the procedure. Where I work, we do keep a seperate "matrix" of who needs to be trained on procedures, and re-trained when they are revised.

Hope this helps a bit!
absolutely!:applause:

You can do what you want, how you want and when you want as long as you can show effective control.
Please, do what works best for your organization. We have a database that contains the revision history. Nothing on the procedure at all.

P

Pazuzu - 2009

We have always kept a hardcopy history with revision records, regardless of the level of the document, retained for two years. At the recent audit it was advised (O for I) that any high level documents have a chart included in them indicating what and when the changes were made. This way should somebody review it they can immediately be drawn to the change rather than review the entire document (and potentially miss the change). Makes sense...but honestly how often are the high level documents being revised (or read for that matter)?

Personally I agree...leave that stuff out of the document. It should contain what is needed...not what WAS needed. Just make sure it's controlled and you can verify any changes as Randy stated.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
On the ones I set up I put it on the front in a small section at the top. current issue date and previous issue date. I agree with Rany also, as long as you can show that the current revision is on the floor, it has been approved and the applicable persons are trained, everything should be good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Revision History Page on Forms Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
M Quality Manual - Where does Revision History Section go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
M Is There a Revision History or Change Log for Canadian Regulations? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
C SOP unification. Revision No, Revision history Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
I Dating controlled documents after changes - Revision History Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
I Revision History Date - date of updates or date of release? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Sam Lazzara Preferred Location for Revision History Section in Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 16
I Document Control - Document Revision History Question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 16
K Revision History of Quality Manual Missing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
B Revision history for FDA's CFR 21 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
T 510(k) Revision Level History and Submission Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Advice on moving QMS Documents and Maintaining Revision History Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
G Document Revisions - How do I track the Form Revision History/Approvals? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
P Revision History in an MS Word document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 37
J Drawing Revision History Question... Signature on EO or ECO Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
J Print (Drawing) Document Revision History Identification Indicators Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
L Should templates have a revision history? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Documenting Revision History - Single ?Revision Record? Document Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
T Revision History in a Documentation Database - Necessary? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
R Control of Documents - Change history question - Changes from previous revision OK? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
C Guidelines on record retention of obsoleted calibration procedures (Revision History) Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 9
T Document Control Revision History in Manually Created BOM's (Bill of Materials) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Quality Manual Change History - Can I eliminate the revision record from the manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 33
M Revision History - How Specific? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
M Missing a Revision in a Document's Revision History Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
S Changing revision status of a reviewed document Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
G IATF Rules for COVID 5th revision - Re-certification audit timing IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
B Revision 5 to IATF Coronavirus Pandemic (Covid -19) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Q Version/Revision Control of CAD files Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
L Does a backdate form format can be changed if wrong revision is used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
M Gap analysis on ISO 14971:2019 with previous revision ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
J ISO 14001 revision process ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
B CQI-11 (Plating Audit) - New revision updates IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
P Proposed revision of IEC 62304 - 2019 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
I Tracking Protoype Changes; 8D or simple document revision? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A The latest revision number and changes in automotive core tools IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
L Getting Notice of Revision and Accessing Public Draft Copies of ISO Standards Service Industry Specific Topics 2
A Domain of the component (EASA CM No.: CM-SWCEH-001 Issue 01 Revision 02) Point 9.3.3 (Usage domain aspects) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
M Informational ISO 14971 / ISO TR 24971 revision update – atualizações sobre a revisão Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
M Document Control - Revision Number in Document Names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
L VDA 1 Documented Information and Retention (new revision 4, August 2018) VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
M Informational ISO TC 210 JWG 1 meeting in São Paulo – Revision of ISO 14971 and ISO TR 24971 – Medical Device Risk Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Revision of a Form which is a Procedure Attachment Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S IMS Manual Review and Revision Prior to Audit ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 4
2 First Article Requirements for Revision Changes of Engineering AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
ScottK Question for Auditors on 7.1.4 in the ISO9001:2015 revision ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C Document Control - old revision vs new revision Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
R Clinical evaluation Meddev (2.7.1 revision 4) - Example or Template EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Paul Simpson Informational The role of Annex SL - High Level Structure of ISO MSS's - Revision Update February 2019 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26