Risk Impact - Risk Assessment Sample/Method per ISO 9001:2015

Q

QAMTY

Hi all
Does anybody can share a sample of how to apply risk assessment?
I refer to the methodology to use in order to evaluate the impact of the risk.
For example: I already detected the risk, i.e. delivery to client, ok I know it, I may have other in other process, (machine failure).

But how to apply to them the real impact? I have seen somewhere that is possible to assign likelihood, priority, and some other qualifiers.

Could you recommend what methodology to apply at evaluating risks
under iso 9001 2015?

thanks in advance

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

mpaul2277

Hi all
Does anybody can share a sample of how to apply risk assessment?
I refer to the methodology to use in order to evaluate the impact of the risk.
For example: I already detected the risk, i.e. delivery to client, ok I know it, I may have other in other process, (machine failure).

But how to apply to them the real impact? I have seen somewhere that is possible to assign likelihood, priority, and some other qualifiers.

Could you recommend what methodology to apply at evaluating risks
under iso 9001 2015?

thanks in advance
The risk impact will be more dangerous when we consider the connected medical devices especially safety and life saving devices installed at Hospitals. In US the FDA is now on record requiring that manufacturers assess security risks and maintain medical device functionality and safety through carefully chosen cybersecurity controls. It will be high time to secure the networks with regular audits and documentations.

I have been using Opsfolio(from Netspective Communications LLC) and their supports for our cybersecurity risk framework, conduct comprehensive assessments, implement cybersecurity standards, and document your infrastructure, threats, vulnerabilities

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ashok sunder Is it possible to reduce Risk likelihood and impact Post control Ranking after corrective action taken for risk? FMEA and Control Plans 1
qualprod Propose Aspects to evaluate risk impact? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
qualprod Risk impact can be modified? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Difference between Environmental Impact and Risk ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
G Combining Aspect Impact and Hazard Risk Register Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
T Risk based Impact Level related to Customer Complaints 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
A Aspect Impact Analysis & Risk Assessment Technique Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
S Aspect vs. Impact and Hazard vs. Risk - Short/clear explanation & example Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 11
J Introducing a risk/impact assessment to nonconformity procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
M Defining High/Medium Risk Impact Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
B Risk analysis for defective measuring or measuring equipment out of calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Benefit risk analysis on pFMEA ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
B AS9102 - 3D printing a special tool required for assembly (counterfeit risk?) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 12
K Defining risk control measures IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 14
U Supply risk management Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
T Biological Evaluation (10993) & Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 9
D Cybersecurity and Risk Management: Loss of confidentiality IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
Q FMEA and Risk assessment in Microsoft Access FMEA and Control Plans 6
I Realization processes input into overall risk ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Need Help With Information Security Asset Risk Register IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
thisby_ Post Market/Production Risk Assessment ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 0
S Risk Management Review ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
D Low risk IVD study in the UK, do I need MHRA approval? UK Medical Device Regulations 1
S Risk Management and other Files ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
silentmonkey Overall Benefit/Risk Analysis - Risk Management VS Clinical Evaluation ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
N ISO 27001 for Jumb Burger - Risk Assessment sheet IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 11
C Risk Assessment Tools ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
qualprod Examples to mitigate risk from Covid ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
G Risk of stopping your customer's line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
C Risk Matrix vs FMEAs ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
S IVD risk class II devices for Brazil and MDSAP Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M ISO 14971:2019: Criteria for overall residual risk ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
M ISO14971:2019 - Verification of implementation and effectiveness of risk control ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
Aymaneh Medical Device Cybersecurity Risk Management IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
S Traceability of requirements to design and risk Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
R Risk control measures as per ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
D Deciding whether or not pre-market clinical investigation is required for low risk device EU Medical Device Regulations 5
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
_robinsingh Security Risk Assessment Tool IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
A 21 CFR 820 - Risk Management - Looking for some guidance US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
bryan willemot Contract Review and risk managment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Risk Analysis using Monte Carlo Simulation instead of Scoring and Heat Map Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 2
Sravan Manchikanti Software Risk Management & probability of occurrence as per IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
E Normal Condition Hazards in Risk Analysis ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
silentmonkey Rationalising the level of effort and depth of software validation based on risk ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
R Risk assessment on IT containers and the information they contain IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
B Threat/Vulnerability Catalogue for risk assessment IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
R Opportunity For Improvement vs Opportunity (Positive Risk) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
R FOD Risk Assessment - What tools would you recommend for assessing FOD risk? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Identify Medical Device characterstics as Annex C of ISO 14971 Risk Management ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5