Risk/Opportunity in a combined ISO 9001 & 14001 System

Q

QC Dave

Hello,

We are preparing to transition from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015. We already have ISO 14001:2015. My question is in regard to establishing a Risk/Opportunity Management Procedure.

As part of our Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Management System Manual (QEHSMS Manual), we already have a "Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Procedure". This covers the risk assessment for the Environmental, Health & Safety side of things. These are my questions.

• Is it practical to add to this, the risk and opportunity assessment for the rest of the management system?
  • Is there an "opportunity" side of the environmental, health & safety? ( If so I guess it would be that everyone and the environment is "healthy"?)

Forgive me if these are dumb questions. I simply don't want to have to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Randy

Super Moderator
1st - Yes just combine everything, besides you always been managing risks & opportunities anyway they just weren't called it before.

2 - Define healthy (quantify it). You definition of healthy may not be the same as another's. As has been stated many times in different ways, if you can't measure it how are you to monitor it?

I've already audited 3 QMS-EMS-OHS systems this year (one last week in fact) and what you want to do is exactly what they have done

Top Bottom