RoHS and placing on the market in Non EU countries

radar1402

Registered
Does anyone have a view on whether it is possible to continue to place on the market non RoHS compliant CE marked product produced prior to 22 Jul 2014 in non-EU countries; in particular Australia and Canada?

C

Curtis317

The CE mark states that the product meets all requirements. If one of the requirements is ROHS compliance then you must meet those requirements. Also I suspect but am not sure but both Canada and Australia will have their own ROHS type requirements. Also most customers that that requirement also so even if the country does not have that requirement you need to be compliant anyway

J

JackPack

After RoHS Recast, RoHS 2 is currently a part of the CE Marking Directive. A non RoHS compliant product cannot be CE Marked. Doing so is a violation of the European law. However this is a European law. I am not sure what is the risk, or how likely it will be reported to the EU law enforcement by other countries. As of now, I don't think Canada or Australia has their own RoHS requirements. Also, like Curtis mentioned, customers have the power to make RoHS compliance as one of the product requirements. Hopefully you are able to assess the risks from the feedback.

Top Bottom