Rolled Throughput Yield - Is anyone using this metric, and if so, how

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
How do you record the data now? It seems simple enough to setup in excel. What am I missing?

R

RosieA

We're adding a tracking sheet to routers and then picking off the data we want and loading it into Excel.

Without a major router redesign, I don't know how else to capture the data we need.

Just wondering if anyone else has come up with a better, less manual method.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
RosieA said:
We're adding a tracking sheet to routers and then picking off the data we want and loading it into Excel.

Without a major router redesign, I don't know how else to capture the data we need.

Just wondering if anyone else has come up with a better, less manual method.
I don't know what you have available as far as technology, but if you could have the operators or inspectors enter the data at a computer directly, you can eliminate the extra paper.

R

RosieA

Ya, that would make sense. However this is a metal working plant and we do not have computers in-process. (We did once have a PC in the Heat Treat office so they could enter SPC data right into the system, but it disappeared during third shift on the first day it was installed) :rolleyes:

So I guess I'm doomed to paper tracking, but I'd still like to hear how others are doing this...maybe something someone else is doing will trigger a good idea here.

Top Bottom