Definition Romance - Definition of

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
gpainter said:
Like your definition RCB. Romance after marriage and kids is trying to get back to the point at where you started. Is it possible????

Having no experience in the field of parenting, I can't really comment except to say that I think it is possible. Watching my parents when I go over to visit, they appear to have more romance between them with me out of the house now. Of course not sure if that's because I moved out or because my Dad realized how much Mom meant to him when she was diagnosed with cancer.

Either way, I have to hope that romance does not discriminate against age, colour, gender...heck, I just hope romance does not discriminate period.

E

energy

Not exactly

gpainter said:
Like your definition RCB. Romance after marriage and kids is trying to get back to the point at where you started. Is it possible????

After 38 years of marriage I can say that it is replaced with something else. A sense of understanding, the meaning of every gesture and deep respect for each other. A kind of a romance that is different from the romance depicted in the movies or in books. The road is well travelled and always in need of maintenance to keep it in good condition. ;)

Randy

Super Moderator
Romance? Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I guess that would be along the lines of leaving the room to toot :eek:

R

Randy Stewart

Randy said:
I guess that would be along the lines of leaving the room to toot
Or not pulling the blanket over her head after tooting in bed?!?!?!?!? :eek: :biglaugh:

I had a friend of mine that said he use to do that to his wife until she paid him back one time! Got him while he was still asleep.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Randy Stewart said:
Or not pulling the blanket over her head after tooting in bed?!?!?!?!?

I had a friend of mine that said he use to do that to his wife until she paid him back one time! Got him while he was still asleep.

If they're still on speaking terms, that's not romance...that's most definately LOVE!!!!!!

Pick your cliche, they almost all apply here...

"All's fair in love and war."

"Turn about is fair play."

"When the going gets tough, the tough get tootin'."

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
I'm gonna take some flak on this

:truce:

I'm gonna duck and cover after this....

If you have to ask for a definition....you ain't got a clue.

LOL...(running for the hills)

CarolX

R

Randy Stewart

After Carols remark I don't know if I should share my, truely enlightened, response or not.

Romance is taking her out to eat, carrying the tray for her and letting her have the fries that are left in the bag.

(and you wonder why I'm single!)

:biglaugh:

D

David Hartman

What is Romance?

To me romance is:

Pulling your beloved away from whatever mundane task is being performed at the moment and taking them into your arms, looking deep into their eyes and expressing your love for them and giving reasons why (reason's that are based not on the physical, but on who they are - their character).

Then following up with sharing in whatever mundane task that they were working on, or treating them to a night out/time alone with you.

During the alone times, take time to share your dreams - then even more importantly listen to theirs. [Sometimes I wonder what my wife has given up, in order to share life with me - and it makes me appreciate her love even more.]

D

db

How about buying her a Ty stuffed kitty, a card and flowers when she is at her uttermost lowest point emotionally? Leaving a city five hours away, so you can get home before lunch, and then take her for a two hour drive just to look at the fall colors?

BTW romance is an output of love (or trying to find love).

Top Bottom