Root Cause Analysis of Audit Findings - New Quality Manager

R

RM Myers

I took over the Quality Manager position 3 months after the AS9100 audit and after the last QM was let go. Most of the findings were omissions on the part of the prior QM. So far there is no chance of creating a reasonable RCA (out of thin air) HELP
Bob

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Root cause analysis as new QM way post audit

Well, sounds a bit strange rational to me that with the leave of your predecessor, problem solved. :popcorn:

It is difficult to say anything based on a single post, but it looks me obvious to do investigation, RCA and if there is any RC, than actions.

Cheers!

R

RM Myers

Auditor requires a complete RCA other than the guy was deficient in practice

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions

so .. do so! :agree1:

Is it causing any problem?

R

RM Myers

Ive made several submissions to the auditor but due to my lack of knowlege they were 'insufficient' and are holding up the certification.

Randy

Super Moderator

It doesn't matter what the auditor requires, what matters is that you have an RCA that is suitable and effective enough for you to be able to apply short term correction and them a long term solution to the problem that will keep it from happening again from the cause(s) you identify

Simply put....

You have a flat tire

Fix the flat tire

What do you think caused the flat to begin with

Develop a solution to prevent future flats caused by what you think the original problem was that caused the flat

Implement your solution

Keep you eyes on your tires and verify...No new flats (at least from the original cause)

You're auditor shouldn't dictate the process, he should only verify wether or not the process works effectively

R

Randy Lefferts

What were the findings that you are trying to answer?

R

RM Myers

Thanks but although corrections have been made that I feel are sufficient to prevent recurrence, the RCA that the auditor will accept escapes me. I could do it if I had been here during the audit and at the wrapup meeting but wasn't. I've plead the case that the guy was not trained properly but was told that was not accepble.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Auditor requires a complete RCA other than the guy was deficient in practice
If the organization allowed for an incompetent quality manager to perform work, what does that say about the organization's process to screen and hire personnel? What about the organization's process to ensure competence in the work place? What does that say about the organizations top management allowing for an incompetent quality manager to stay in place?

If I were you, I would be very pleased that the CB auditor is keeping your organization accountable to meaningful root cause analysis, as demanded by AS9101D. Otherwise, you your job could become the next escape goat to be sacrificed in the aftermath of a failed audit.

R

RM Myers

Primarily omissions in the process documentatons, weakness in the CA procedure and other issues where authorities were not clear and duties not completed. The guy didn't do a completye job in creating the system or follow through to support. He was not present during the Cert audit (let go) so his sins and reasons for are lost in history.

Top Bottom