RTY (Rolled Throughput Yield) Calculation

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Link Xue,

My initial thoughts are to take the worst case, as you appear to have done i.e. Rolled Throughput Yield = 57.6%.

How many Good v Bad parts are there from each process step?

What is "FTY"?

According to Goldratt

Starting with 100 units each at 1A1, 1B1, and 1B2 you will end up with 90 parts into process 1A, and 80 units into 1B. Since you can only process the 80 units from 1B, 10 units get left at 1A and you process 80% of 80 into 2B, i.e. 64. Yield out of 2B is 90% of 64 or 57.6. Remember, if this is a test question that assumes that you start with 100 units at the initial processes, you only get 57 at final (or 576 if you start with 1,000).

I believe that FTY stands for First Time Yield, i.e. yield through the standard process, without rework or other extra processing.

BTW, Link Xue, the 4,622 people at the Cove welcome you. :bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B How RTY (Rolled Throughput Yield) applies to different industries Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
N Definition TDU (Total Defects per Unit) and RTY (Rolled Throughput Yield) Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
H Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Loss - Can you measure in PPM? Six Sigma 3
S RTY (Rolled Throughput Yield) - Use Poisson Distribution Calculation Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
H Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Calculations for a Sequential Process Six Sigma 2
B How to define and Calculate the DPU, DPMU, DPMO, Yield, Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S DPMO (Defects Per Million Opportunities) vs. RTY (Rolled-Throughput-Yield) Six Sigma 7
P Is throughput yield the same as FPY or FTY? Rolled Throughput Yield Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J SST .625 dia Cold Rolled 303 bar and Magnetism Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
L Wearing an ESD Smock with Rolled Up Sleeves Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
R How to determine the Thickness tolerance of the Cold Rolled Steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
B Hot Rolled Steel Coil Rust Prevention Tests Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
Bev D World Class Rolled Throughput Yields - 2012 Six Sigma 1
F Rolled Throughput Yield and Confidence Interval Six Sigma 3
P Trying to figure Minor ? on Female Rolled Threads Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
G How do I calculate PPM from a Rolled Wire Suppllier Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A Ovality and Flatness generated after Heat Treatment of Rolled Rings Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
D Herringbone Defect Condition in Rolled Steel Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
E Normalized vs. Rolled Throughput Yield - First Pass Yield metrics for our processes Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
F Technical question - U-BOLT microscopic cracks on the tooth of the rolled thread Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
C Standard for surface roughness on hot rolled steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J How to Define Scrap Metrics & Objectives - Stamped Cold Rolled Steel Fasteners ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
E NCR (Nonconformance Report) for device defects - Hot rolled coils Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
K Resistance welding process - Cold rolled and some zinc plated welding Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
K Resistance Welder Settings for cold rolled and galvanized steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
R Rolled Throughput Yield - Is anyone using this metric, and if so, how Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
apestate Tolerances for cold rolled, hot rolled, DOM tubing Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 10
D Flatness tolerances for tempered cold rolled stainless steel coils Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
K Definition Throughput - Definition and Calculation Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
L Definition Throughput Yield (TPY) or First Pass Yield Calculation - Help Needed Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
F Throughput time measurement Cpk summary Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 2
B Calculating Throughput Yield or Yield Six Sigma 10
P How Do I Measure Productivity? Throughput yield? OEE measures? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3