Rules for Posting in the Paid Consulting, Training and Services Forum

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
FREE ADVERTISING/SELF PROMOTION: If you are a Paid Consulting, Training and/or Services person or company and would like to advertise your availability, please use this forum to post anything you would like to promote your services. I suggest a link to a web site and/or a brief profile - some basic information. If you are NOT a regular participant actively helping people in discussion threads here, please Contact Us for information. Restrictions are detailed below (see Note below).

NOTE: Your post count must exceed 150 posts (in which you actually participate and help people) to start new threads to "Self Promote" in this forum. You may post your "self promotion" in existing discussion threads in this forum. Starting a New thread is allowed because there are people who do not fit in the existing discussion threads typically because they work with multiple standards.

Our basic expectation if you "self promote" is that you be a regular, active participant in the forum and that you are helping others here. I will delete any one-shot Nellies who come, post their advertisement and are not active in helping others.

PAID ADVERTISING: If you are interested in PAID advertising here, please see: Advertising in the The Elsmar Cove. It is unfinished as of this post, as this is all new to me so I'm learning it, too.

The attached file explains potential options. I have not yet completed the "Self Serve" advertisement setup. However, as I myself learn all the options, by all means use the Contact Us link to ask use for information. We can probably set up an ad for you.

About PAID Advertising: In the past Elsmar has only sold "Brand Advertising". We did not track metrics such as "Views" and "Click Throughs". The current software allows tracking of "Views", "Click Throughs" and related statistics and allows ads to be purchased and billed by statistics and allows advertisers to see the actual statistics.

More information to come! "Watch" this discussion page.

Attachments

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Hello Marc!!

I'm a bit confused here.

First, I think you may have duplicated sections above.

Basically we're saying that individuals with >150 posts can self-promote in this forum with their own thread, but no where else in any other forum.

If someone with <150 posts self-promotes in a post or a thread here or anywhere else, it will be deleted.

Correct?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Brad - People who are regular participants with >150 posts may "self promote" in any discussion. Anyone helping others has a "right" to do some self promotions in any discussion thread.

But - To start a New Discussion Thread here in this specific forum is a specific requirement. This forum is essentially an "advertising" space.

How strict? Well, lets say someone has >100 posts in which they are helping people - I'd consider that to be a significant input and while the moderators may discuss in "unusual" situations, I think a bit of "self promotion" should be allowed.

If someone with <150 posts self-promotes in a post or a thread here or anywhere else, it may be discussed, but if their posts are posts in which they help people it will out out of hand be deleted.

That said, there is also the case of people representing a company. While not applicable to this specific forum, they do (in my opinion) have a right to respond if their product and/or service is mentioned in a post in a thread in the forum.

If anyone want to opine on this, please do so. I just want to keep things "fair", reward active participants and in general to keep Elsmar "up with the times". If anything, I want to promote active participation.

So - I can't say the requirements are "set in stone". There is room for overall consideration.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Drugs and Cosmetics Rules - India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
G Do HIPAA Rules Apply to a 3rd Party Logistics Shipper? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
shimonv Rigid rules for handling supplier audit findings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
K EU MDR Rule 11 - Does the 'Risk logic' used in Rule 11 conflict with that used in the other rules? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N Is there a standard / rules pertaining to eating in medical device manufacturing area? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Informational TGA – Advertising health products: Rules about safety claims in advertising Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Volkswagen Complaints Management Rules Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
M Informational US FSA – Surgical staples – Guidance and proposed rules Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational MDCG 2019-2 Guidance on application of UDI rules to device-part of products referred to in Article 1(8), 1(9) and 1(10) of Regulation 745/2017 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News EU – MDCG 2019-1 MDCG guiding principles for issuing entities rules on Basic UDI-DI Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Why have IATF rules required the CBs to audit remote supporting functions at first? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
T Informational Family or Baseline PFMEA Rules FMEA and Control Plans 22
A Where are the rules for when a repeat minor nonconformance becomes a major? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 36
M Medical Device News FDA Withdrawals Two Proposed Rules Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
R How to keep track of all FDA rules and regulations for medical device companies 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
C What are rules to notify customers if IATF cert is put on hold? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L What are the rules on significance of digits in numbers in IEC/ISO standards? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
J Rules associated with introducing new QMS processes IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R IATF 16949 certification rules IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Rules or guidelines for quoting FDA announcements and such? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
M INDIA - GSR 78 (E) - New Medical Device Rules - 2017 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
L Hypothesis Testing + Thumb Rules Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
L Percentage Thumb Rules for Quality Costs Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
A EASA Easy Access Rules for Continuing Airworthiness - June 2017 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 0
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 Areas of Impact - Rules 5th Edition Document (February 2017) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Uriel Alejandro Including "Internal Rules" as Controlled Documents in a QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M I am looking for the text of the copyright 'rules' for AS9100 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
F Rules to respect when changing from Certification Body ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Anerol C IATF or ISO TS 16949 rules about Scope of QMS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
Crimpshrine13 Rules of achieving and maintaining IATF recognition - Determining audit days IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Ajit Basrur New Medical Device and IVD Registration Rules - Pakistan Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
A PUWER (Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations) and old machines (UK rules) Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
M Translating and Rotating Rules when programming or measuring with a CMM Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M Are there specific rules regarding ISO 13485 and R&D? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Mikey324 Questionable Audit Findings after Rules 4th Edition Release IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
M ISO/TS 16949 Rules about Commodities IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
N IATF Appeals on ISO/TS16949 Rules - 4th Ed. - Removal of Site Extensions IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Scope content of TS 16949 certificate under Rules 4 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
L IMDS Overcheck Rules RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 9
A Attribute Sampling Plans with Switching Rules - Software Recommendations Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
S Suspension Status - Rules 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
J Audit days calculator based on Rules 4th IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R Long Range OC Curves - Acceptance Sampling Switching Rules Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
D Japan Rules for Marketing Authorization Holders Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
M Losing our Certification under 4th Edition Rules IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Howard Atkins Rules 4th Edition Areas of Impact for Client Consideration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Need help on new TS 16949 Rules IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
T CFDA seeks for public comments on newly revised medical device classification rules China Medical Device Regulations 1
J What is soft auditing and soft grading in the IATF Rules 4th Edition? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B KOREA MFDS (KFDA) Medical Device Classification Rules Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3