Russian Medical Device Regulations for Multiple Brands of the same Product

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
Does anyone here have experience with the russian medical device regulations?

Specifically, I am hearing that it is not possible to market multiple brands of the same product or carry out any kind of OBL activity - can anyone confirm this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
I have marketed multiple brands of the same product. If anything has changed you should be able to find it documented somewhere.

Which OBL activities specifically?

pkost

I'm not sure on the details, it was passed on by a commercial colleague, who was interpreting a conversation with a Russian counterpart. I'm therefore trying to clarify exactly what is meant or whether it's valid

We are mostly based in the EU and OBL our products, i.e. take a product that is already CE marked, remove evidence of the original branding and apply our own (we continue to declare the original manufacturer on pack). I have been told that if the original manufacturers product already exists on the Russian market, we cannot then register our product with our brand.

All options for registration are up for discussion at the moment i.e. assuming the regulatory burden ourselves or leaving it with the original manufacturer etc. The road block for us will be if we cannot launch products that have been previously registered by our supplier.

I suspect I will have to go back to the soruce of the rumour to unravel this!

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
I suspect I will have to go back to the soruce of the rumour to unravel this!
If this is important, I think a more viable path would be engaging an RA professional who is also a Russian literate, and getting some formal advice. I'm quite sure Emergo (no affiliation) can provide such a service.

pkost

I agree, the original source was a regulatory consultant in Russia, but the information was passed to me via a the commercial team so I think there was some loss in translation from Russian regulatory -> Russian commercial -> English commercial -> English regulatory!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Russian GOST-R Medical Device Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
B Russian Device to US US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
E Adding models to an approved Russian Registration Certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
R Identification of Russian Predicate Devices as part of the Registration Process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
V Looking for Russian Regulatory Affairs Consultants Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
A EASA Certification Acceptance - The Russian equivalent of EASA Part 145 (Maintenance) EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
R Russian, Ukranian, Bellarusan, Kazakhistan Certificates (Gost-R, Gost-K, UkrSepro) Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
L Looking for training Video on FOD translated into Russian AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A ISO 9004:2009 - What an expression does mean? (English to Russian) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Y Russian Roulette - Interviewer suggests to play imaginary Russian Roulette with you Brain Teasers and Puzzles 9
M Definition As appropriate - What is it? Definition? Does not translate well in Russian Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
A Would You Trust a Russian Supplier? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
I Post-market surveillance and Post-market performance follow-up for in vitro diagnostic medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M FDA Medical device reporting (Manufacturer in US; contract manufacturer OuS) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
JoCam Accessories for medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 5
G Medical Device Auditor (CMDA) certification exam by ASQ - looking for input Career and Occupation Discussions 3
M Prescription Form - Medical Devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
XRAY_3121 Drop Shipping Legend Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
B Documenting Medical Device Complaints after End of Life? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device License as Distributor Canada Medical Device Regulations 8
M Preparing a document for Raw Material of Medical Device EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Medical device regulations in African countries Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Jessesun The application of ozone sterilization in medical treatment US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
A Production line for medical devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
S Design & Development records for Medical Devices Packaging and Labelling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
K MHLW MO169 2021 Japan Ministerial Ordinance on Standards for Manufacturing Control and Quality Control for Medical Devices and In-Vitro Diagnostics Japan Medical Device Regulations 2
U Medical Devices Labeling Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K Guidance on X-Ray Medical Devices for Animal Use - FDA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Z Swiss Authorized representative & non-medical device regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T FDA UDI Question - Class II Medical Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
blackholequasar ISO 13485 certification prior to Medical Device Manufacturing... worth it? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
dgrainger Informational Good news: Commission proposes a progressive roll-out of the new In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P Brexit Germany - Import Medical Device For Clinical Study EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Medical Device Marketing Material - Control of Social Media 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Ed Panek Make sure you hire competent QA RA Folks before making a "Medical Device." Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
dgrainger Informational MDCG 2021-24 - Guidance on classification of medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B Acquired Medical Device Product Line - Documentation Requirements for Device Master Record ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S State Licensing requirements for Medical Devices sold in the US directly to hospitals and tissue banks 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
MedicalDevicesCanada How to find a medical device contract manufacturer, MDSAP certified? Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
B ISO 11197, Venting of Medical Supply Units - cl. 201.11.2.2.101 Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Q Best country to import medical devices into Europe Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
dgrainger Informational MHRA's Software and AI as a Medical Device Change Programme UK Medical Device Regulations 0
dgrainger Informational Consultation on the future regulation of medical devices in the United Kingdom UK Medical Device Regulations 1
S Medical Device - Technical Documentation structure EU Medical Device Regulations 1
JoCam On-product labels for Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 3
LostLouie Archived Specifications and Drawings for Medical Device Technical Files EU Medical Device Regulations 4
B Reprocessing of an accessory for a medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
V Taiwan - Veterinary medical devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
K System of medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Class 1 medical device - Thailand Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0