Safety data sheets software

drwallice

Registered
Dear All,

I am working in a middle size legal manufacture company for disinfectant products.
Actually we are searching for a program in order to mange, generate and edit safety data sheets. It will used only by our RA Department.
It should be simple and not expensive.
Could you kindly advise us regarding such a program, thank you all for your time.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Dear All,

I am working in a middle size legal manufacture company for disinfectant products.
Actually we are searching for a program in order to mange, generate and edit safety data sheets. It will used only by our RA Department.
It should be simple and not expensive.
Could you kindly advise us regarding such a program, thank you all for your time.
Hello drwallice, I am sorry for the delay in this response.

Do you use SAP to process your disinfectant? If so, there may be an SAP module available that could help avoid double work by integrating with your existing systems.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, we looked around for software (not SAP) and found it wildly cost prohibitive and built our own instead.
If you are already on SAP, you've already bit the big bullet so I would stay with that as Jen mentions.

One of the most helpful things we did along the way was to meet with the local OSHA rep (Off site...don't invite them into the plant, that's just silly) to get their guidance...and then documented it. Ours said that if they saw us using SAP, they would not bother visiting the site again and just write out the fines. They were familiar enough with SAP to know what was wrong with it...
(That was 8yrs ago, SAP GHS module may have changed radically since then)

Vetty007

Involved In Discussions
That's a very good question - we are in the same position. Did you find a solution?

I was thinking to use Microsoft Power BI with a MSDS template using the data from ECHA for creation, connect the typical sentences for the different sections automatically with the classification or also show up and can be choosen - the disinfectants I need to handle are very often the same concerning the different sentences, so it would be easy to have standards.

The open point for me is, from where I can get the data for occupational safety, esp. if needed for different countries and also the storage classifications possibly needs more time to be done this way. Of course this is also a lot of work, but should be much cheaper than to buy one - but nevertheless, updates need to be done.

Unfortunately I didn't had the time to try this idea and buying a software would probably much easier .... The big Question is which Software

Moaaz0911

Registered
Dears,

Have a nice and Safe day,

Just today i got your question,
I had a deep research on this regards including demos, offers, discussions , online meeting for many software vendors.

after one year we had adopted CHEMETER software from SIAM company located in Spain.

really it is giving good output in term of SDS with different languages and regulations (CLP, GHS, China GHS, ,.....) as well as Label Design for each product.

support with library contain 16,000 substance and frequently updating by support team.

you can customize based on your requirement (no of language / regulations required),

i had use this software from last one year and generate a number of SDS as well as labels.

i feel its can be a option for mid companies.

for any query on this regards i will be available for you.

Thanks.

Vetty007

Involved In Discussions
Moaaz0911 thank you for sharing this experience - after testing different Softwares, finding out what "problems" such softwares could have, we also end up with the decision to start a test with this Software. So I am very happy to hear, that you are still happy with it after working with it for one year!

How much individualization in the design is possible, esp. regarding the way the data are shown in tables like in chapter 8 or 12? Is it also possible to change wordings, as e.g. some words in the translation are not correct and so I would be happy, to correct this in general?

Also there are several extra modules and I am not sure, which ones are important and really needed. The Option to print a MSDS should be a basic feature, but there is a separate printing wizard available and also Webservice is separately offered. So I am a bitt worried, that the basic Software plus the language/country version plus different extra moduls will summ up to more than initially expected, also as you pay twice, first to get the software/feature and then there is also an annual fee.
Despite the pricing is fair, it nevertheless seems expensive to start with in a small company.

Which extra modules do you use and if not, do you miss the functionality?

Moaaz0911

Registered
Sorry for delaying in my reply.

regarding design it is looking user friendly without complication, with mutli output format pdf, doc , RTF, .....

Regarding any change in wording or translation, it can be done, actually i had suggested some translation correction by my self and software developed accepted that and changes had been implemented, and they are very helpful and supportive till now :)

in additional of that, if any specific change (text , format , table ) need to be done for one time, only to extract in editable form doc and procced in your change.

Regarding modules, there a modules of modules is there, Mainly i am focused in SDS updated as well as label designing and printing.

for printing SDS as punch, i never used, as i am extracting one by one SDS, however there once part of document control which is working fine with me.

however there is another modules like, PCN (poise center notification), Transportation document, work instruction card. which is not adopted at my end till now,

Regarding basic price and annual fees, is classified as below:

Basic price: for software and language and modules.

Annual fees: is related to
1- frequently updated of substances data base. (ex: we started with 15000 substance, as of today library contain 16500 substance.
2- any update in regulations.
3- any specific material addition.
4- any support with customer regarding SDS.

You can start with basic software with SDS + Labels with basic languages and upgrade based on requirements.

if you there is any deep requirement we can discuss at any time.

[email protected]

Attachments

• Chemeter.JPG
    Chemeter.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom