Safety Instruction Card and Safety Work Instruction

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
Hello I have this thing I'm struggling with regarding "instructions" from our safety department.

We have a general procedure for document release and standardized templates documents, also workinstructions of course.

Now the safety department uses the standard workinstruction template and a alternative instruction template for a specific set of safety and environment instructions. The intention is visually imediately availability of the instruction at point of importance. In dutch these type of instructions are normally reffered to as safetyinstructioncards.

I'm used to safety and environment departments making visually flashy card to be spread in the company for awareness. But the problem I have is that at this company it's a merging of a instruction and an info card.

So normally in an instruction we have:
- Title
- Type of doc
- Purpose of doc
- Area of use
- Responsibles
- Content (standard structure)
- Tracking info (Dep, Process, creator, creation date, process owner, docnr, rev)

In these alternative safety instructioncard all the same but:
- No Purpose of doc
- No Responsibles
- Content not structured like normal but per case customized
- Tracking (no dep, no process, no process owner

I just had a discussion but I noticed I had not clear for myself what I notice that's not right (or maybe it's just my wish for standardization).
The things that bother me most is that the content structure differs from normal, and that few things are missing in the tracking info.

Does anyone have similar experience? And what is your advice of is this considered to be just ok?

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
To me the most important thing about a document is the usefulness of it. Can the intended audience understand the message being presented? I don't get hung up on format.

After that, the basic document controls need to be in place. It should be uniquely identified, have a revision status so you can tell you have the latest version, etc.

Obviously whatever your document control procedure requires must be followed. But if this doesn't align with your current document control procedure you can change the procedure to something that is reasonable and makes sense while still meeting requirements.

01mercy

Involved In Discussions
That makes sence indeed.
So first content, second controls, third lay-out.

The thing is that from a group lvl we are bound to a group format but those safety instructions are not. This is my opinion give a strange signal people in the factory... like we work standard.... but on occasion not. ;)

Best to check if there is a standard group regulation for those safety instructions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Safety work instruction if the equipment have the CE Marking and a Manual with safety instruction Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 16
A Baby food manufacture - food safety requirements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
dgrainger Informational EU medical device website change from 'Growth' to 'Health and Food Safety' (6/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Safety Assurance Case Report Format ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
B Product Safety Responsibility - Job shop such as a machine shop AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
JAMESH Job Safety - Lockout/Tagout and Respiratory Protocols Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M Differences in post market safety reporting for Combination Product Applicants Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
S Should safety checks be included in the Control Plan? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
adir88 Information of safety can reduce risk now? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 12
D Is there a specific location for PPE such as safety glass holders and glove dispensers should be mounted Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 10
M Do you need an Applicable general safety and performance requirements Checklist? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S VW Supplier Product Safety Representative (PSB) upgrade to PSCR VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
J FDA wants electrical safety testing on battery powered medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
T Confirming The Local Safety Regulations for Equipment - I'm in Malaysia General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
MrTetris Unacceptable risk and information for safety ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 16
A Contraindication Safety Statement in website - Radiotherapy equipment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
L External power supplies: How close does the safety report have to match the end-use application? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
C Safety lettering on a product CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
M EU – Chemical Safety Report – CSR – REACH Authorisation decisions – Triton X-100 – Ortho-clinical-Use1 REACH and RoHS Conversations 0
M Informational EU – Minutes of the 24 July 2019 SCHEER Working Group on safety of breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) meeting Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M EMC Directive and product safety standards CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Safety Class A with no test? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
M Informational MDCG 2019-9 Summary of safety and clinical performance A guide for manufacturers and notified bodies – August 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Requirement of Pharmacovigilance (Drug Safety) Risk Based Strategic and Tactical Audit Plan General Auditing Discussions 0
M Informational Several US FDA draft guidances, including some specific device guidances for the Safety and Performance Based Pathway Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA final guidance – Safety and Performance Based Pathway Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Medical Device Safety Action Plan: Protecting Patients, Promoting Public Health Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S System safety assesment Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
M Informational TGA Consultation: Proposed changes to medical device essential principles for safety and performance Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
rezayatmand IEC 60601-2-18 Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-18: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of endoscopic equipmen IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
B Evaluation of Basic Safety during EMC Immunity or Climate Testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
P Is there a counterpart to the General Safety and Performance Regulations for the USA? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational The US FDA is Recommending Transition to Duodenoscopes with Innovative Designs to Enhance Safety: FDA Safety Communication Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Summary of safety and clinical performance in GSPR MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A ISO/TS 22163 Item 5.2.4 Safety policy - Example wanted Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M Informational US FDA draft guidance – Testing and Labeling Medical Devices for Safety in the Magnetic Resonance (MR) Environment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Electrical Safety During Medical Device Development IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Informational US FDA Final guidance – Postmarketing Safety Reporting for Combination Products Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU draft act – Single-use medical devices – safety and performance requirements for reprocessing Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational TGA – Advertising health products: Rules about safety claims in advertising Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational MHRA guidance updated to reflect the mDR – Clinical investigations of medical devices – Biological safety assessment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
R Material safety data sheet (MSDS) related clause in IATF 16949 manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
S Implementing a 45001 Health & Safety standard - Internal audit plan wanted Internal Auditing 1
CPhelan Using clinical trial safety data for evidence for CE marking EU Medical Device Regulations 7
I Functional Safety Analysis/Report Example IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Routine testing of medical electrical systems - What specific electrical safety tests should be performed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
M Informational Health Canada launches consultations to improve the safety of medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Interesting Discussion Curious old drawings about electrical shock and safety IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1