Salvage - Rework - Scrap: Software to control inventory - Reviews or recommendations?

M

Michael - 2009

Anyone have or know of (or have the ability to create) software available to help control salvage inventory? It would need to have fields for:
1) Part number
2) Operation
3) Defect (can use codes)
4) Disposition
Scrapped
Reworked
Hold for MTB
Hold for outsourcing of rework
5) Costs
6) Total Running Inventory (based on above)

I am desparate to control this area but cannot seem to get my personnel to use a simple Excel database without deleting info accidentally. Need a more fool proof system.

Thanks for any help.

Michael

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

JaySturgeon

Salvage/rework/scrap software

Why not put something together with MS Access?

Seems to simple aye?

Jay

:eek:

C

Chemman

MS Access scrap database

Jay,

I also need something to improve the method of data collection. Currently everything is crudely entered into an Excel spreadsheet and is a task to manipulate and analyze by the technicians. I have tried to improve and automate things with macros, but Access must be the better route. I am OK with programming and learning new software. So I am sure I could figure out how to do this in time and with some trial-and-error. But does anyone have something in Access already written that they would not mind sharing? Even an incomplete example would get me started with the initial setup and an example of how to setup the data-entry templates would be appreciated.

I looked at ScrapTrak and that's sort of what I am looking for. However, I want something more customizable to my needs, and besides it doesn't look to hard to make something like this from scratch.

P

pthareja

scrap software

yes! Your software can be got made in India,handigarh. There are young engineers/ s/w buddies collectively involved in developing custom solutions.
I believe we got to monitor & control scrap and for that one should be able to identify a trigger point, defining onset of getting 'out of control' as a real ( not pseudo) alarm. the success of the s/w will be in the success at its automation, response, communication, and accuracy.
My interest is only academic, and I am open to contributions (and criticism).
I personally guided a s/w in c++ to handle bottlenecks in a tractor company, through my research student as a part of graduate dissertation, and may be write the algorithm/flow chart for a type of your need too knowing the requirements.

Thareja

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Benchmarking Teardown and Salvage Process Benchmarking 1
P Parts Salvage, Overhaul and Resale - AS9120 Registration question AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
G Rework, Reprocess, or Correction - A simple blurred letter on the legible etching ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A AS9102 Delta FAI Require after Rework stock item from stock AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
N Generic Rework/Reprocessing Procedure Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
L I need an example rework procedure/instruction for injected plastic parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M IATF 16949 Cl. 8.7.1.4 - Risk analysis for decision making about rework IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
T Is Sorting a kind of Rework? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M IATF 16949 Clause 8.3 - Rework Records Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
G Severity in Process FMEA for Rework Process FMEA and Control Plans 1
M What is the value of documenting in-process rework for easily-detectable issues? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
G Rework requirement in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R How to document the Risk Management on Rework activities ? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
S Regulatory Approval(s) for Rework Dispositions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
B Definition Sort vs. Rework - Differences and Definitions Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
B Form to use for Rework including Verification of Effectiveness of the Rework Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S How to establish a Sampling Plan from the Rework percentage? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
A Nonconformances and Rework in a Machine Shop Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
X Help with ISO 13485 Clause 8.3 "Rework" as applicable to Medical Device Servicing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 39
D Rework Authorization Form example Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
R Medical Device Circuit Board Component Changes - Is this rework or not? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
M Rework Devices placed on the market - IEC 60601-1 Requirements 3rd edition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
D Lean Management applied to Rework Zones Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
Q Documenting the Review of Adverse Effects from Rework ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Q ISO 9001 Clause 8.3 Rework Verification - Re-verification to demonstrate conformity ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Soldering Training (specific to Rework and Repair of PCBs) - Long Island Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
P Requirements for Approval of Rework Work Instructions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Q Dispositions In Claims and Complaints - "Use as is, Repair, Rework, etc" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q Use As Is, Repair, Rework - Useful when categorizing? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q ISO 9001 Clause 8.3: Scrap, Rework, Repair, Why? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Can sorted returns be returned to stock. Do they need a rework label? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Definition Servicing circuit boards - Differences between Rework and Repair Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 9
A Is Rework "Inspecting Quality In"? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
B Overhaul vs. Repair vs. Rework - FAA Definitions Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 7
G Numbers that will help us understand what the Cost of Rework is Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
T Definition Rework vs. Repair in ISO/AS9100 Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 8
B Define "Rework" Under Medical Device Standards ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
P Rework Notification - Is it sufficient to show how we control rework process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
T Rework Traceability System Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
A Scrap vs. Rework Classification - Scraping the resistor or reworking the PCB board? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
L Quality Objectives Ideas - Currently we have Scrap & rework, OTD, survey results, etc Manufacturing and Related Processes 50
M Identifying Rework in Maintenance or Craftsman Operations Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 12
C How to document rework being completed at Suppliers on Medical Devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
Z Rework Reduction Six Sigma Project - Need help Six Sigma 5
E Medical Device Software - Control of Nonconforming Product and Rework ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
A Definition Rework vs. Repair - ISO 13485 definition Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 11
C Calculate DPPM/PPM for second yield rework Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
E Calculating the MTBF for an assembly, Failure and Rework Prediction Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 6
eternal_atlas Audit Technique to find rework in a process area? General Auditing Discussions 17