Samples for marketing purposes - Subject to Contract Review?

R

Retro

Can anyone tell me if samples for marketing purposes which may or may not have been requested by a customer and are purely for visual purposes, subject for contract review.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

CarolX

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Retro,

Normally, if you are preparing marketing samples, you do not have an order from the customer, so my answer would be "no", but let me tell you what we do ...

For our purposes, we call marketing samples "prototypes" and they are the meat of our contract review. We take the prototyping stage as the time to review what the customer wants, what we can do for the customer, and we clarify any areas that are unclear. This works best for our purposes.

Hope I didn't cloud the issue for you.

Carol

Samples for marketing purposes.

From my experience when it is a customer request this falls within contract review.

When not requested by the customer this would not fall within contract review.

I would consider the other sections such as whether or not they require control, etc.

What type of samples are they?

awk

R

Retro

Carol,

Thanks for your comments, in this case we are providing them with an application for a product which already exists, potential customers like to see the finished artical after an application has been made. For this reason we could not call them prototypes as the part is in mass production.
We could however use your approach in other areas.

Thanks

Retro

R

Retro

awk,

Sorry, I did not see your comments before responding to Carol, the company I work for make joining products for the automotive industry. A sample consists of two pieces of metal joined together by our product. It can not do anything except look pretty, it just shows how the product effects the metal.

Another example of a sample would be the parts we have to supply for a PPAP report which goes to the customer as "samples", these are for verification only and are not for use in any way.

Retro

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Retention Samples when Customer Leaves Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
R Accelerated Aging - Creating test samples - Implantable medical device Question Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A AQL - How to count samples with defects for each defect class AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
Z Labeling for Medical Device Samples - Surgical instruments 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Retained samples from each batch of spinal implant medical screws that we make ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Samples for GR&R - Can we get the 10 samples from multiple models Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
WEAVER Retention of golden samples for GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
K How Many Samples to send for Chemistry Testing Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
A Interpretation of Article 16 (2b) - Packaging, samples and Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 10
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0
G How many samples you require to test during PQ for validation of a equipment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Help develop sampling plan for prototype samples (medical devices) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
K UDI Labeling for Medical Device Samples 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Guidance Required for Examining 168 Hour Salt Spray Test Samples Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
bobdoering "nds" or Number of Discriminate Samples - the Necessary Tool to Work With "ndc"! Imported Legacy Blogs 0
E Requirements for sending Medical Device Samples to Indonesia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
Z Labeling Requirements for Free Samples supporting Clinical Evaluation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D Should Biocompatibility Tests be performed on Production Samples? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
R Customer Complaint - Samples vs. Removal - FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
GURU SDI Cleanliness Requirements for Initial Samples Customer Complaints 4
WEAVER Gage R&R Sample Selection - Can we include NG Samples? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
K Keeping the test samples in after market nlight alloy wheel production Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Initial Samples with dimensional deviation in Serial Production Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S Is Process Validated samples required for IND submission ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M Traceability of Tissue Samples US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
H Is design verification and validation required for samples accompanying the quotes ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M How to compare 2 independent samples having 3 factors 3 levels Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
R Is it possible to randomly select samples from 1 column to many column Using Minitab Software 2
S What is the minimum samples required for Customer Survey? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
D Samples & Inspection Check Sheet Templates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Superiority of Drawing vs First Samples Customer Complaints 9
L How calculate the number of samples Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S Do I need to initiate a Customer Complaint for Engineering Samples? Customer Complaints 4
V EMEA/UK cGMPs Requirements for Pre-Shipment Samples, Input Materials US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
P Is the European directive, 2011/65/EU applicable for Engineering Samples? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
C Statistics equation to determine the number of samples in a lot Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Attribute MSA - Number of samples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J External Laboratory in ISO/TS 16949 - Maintenance oil samples IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Should PPAP Samples Come from a Production Run? APQP and PPAP 3
B Hypothesis Tests with nonparametric dependent population samples Using Minitab Software 5
S Samples for a Destructive Test included in a Lot Size? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
JodiB Is Metals Analysis of Water Samples considered "sampling"? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 15
V Process OQ for Medical Devices - Are Samples Required to be conditioned? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
0 Sample divider for PET flake bulk samples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
K Machine Press Tooling Operation Inspection Samples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
T Test of difference for mean for 2 samples Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
L I have four groups to compare, and each group has three samples Using Minitab Software 4
S Samples to be tested for Salmonella in United Kingdom Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3
M Cpk - How to calculate when the number of samples is less than 30 pieces? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
S Ensuring Randomness in Collecting Chicken Samples for Microbiological Testing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4