Samples of Quality Objectives & Policy for a Construction Company.

S

se123

Dear All,

Would appreciate if you could furnish me with some samples of quality objectives and policy for a construction company.

Our customer asked for a detailed and practical samples as what we given is not sufficient.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Quality Objectives & Policy

Dear All,

Would appreciate if you could furnish me with some samples of quality objectives and policy for a construction company.

Our customer asked for a detailed and practical samples as what we given is not sufficient.

Many thanks.

Cheers.
Are you willing/able to post some of your current examples of policy and objectives without revealing your company's name?

What was it that your customer judged: "not sufficient?"

Stijloor.

S

se123

Here is the reply from the customer;

Thank you for the sample attached for Quality Objectives and Policy but however, we had this sample already as provided in the 1st workshop. What we require is a more detailed or practical samples for our reference in adopting the most appropriate one in drafting our Quality Policy and objectives.

Attached the samples for your review. Please advise.

Attachments

Anerol C

Trusted Information Resource
Hi! I need your advice.....

Do I need to remove the safety word from this quality policy? Top management is convinced that they care about customer safety but registrar recently revised our documentation and citied that safety is not a quality objective; Does safety need to be removed?

"In ABC Co. we are committed to deliver products and services of the highest quality in order to guarantee the safety and the total satisfaction of our customers throught the continual improvement of our system."

The policy has been posted in the areas, so the less to change it the better.
Please advice!!!:bonk:

AC

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Here is the reply from the customer;

Thank you for the sample attached for Quality Objectives and Policy but however, we had this sample already as provided in the 1st workshop. What we require is a more detailed or practical samples for our reference in adopting the most appropriate one in drafting our Quality Policy and objectives.

Attached the samples for your review. Please advise.
This could be a language/communication issue, but the way I interpret the customer's reponse is that they want to use your objectives/policy to help develop their own.

I'd tell the Customer that your objectives/policy work for your organization (I'm assuming they do). If you wish to invite them to visit you so that you can demonstrate how the objectives/policy are implemented and applied, that might be helpful...but it does invite the customer onsite and that may cause issues.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hi! I need your advice.....

Do I need to remove the safety word from this quality policy? Top management is convinced that they care about customer safety but registrar recently revised our documentation and citied that safety is not a quality objective; Does safety need to be removed?

"In ABC Co. we are committed to deliver products and services of the highest quality in order to guarantee the safety and the total satisfaction of our customers throught the continual improvement of our system."

The policy has been posted in the areas, so the less to change it the better.
Please advice!!!:bonk:

AC
Do you need to remove the word "safety"? No.
Is "safety" a quality objective? No.

What problem is it causing to have safety in there?

I suppose one could argue that if the product is not safe and the customer is harmed, odds they will not return...think Customer Satisfaction here.

I suppose one could argue that a "safe" product is one of those customer requires not stated but implied...and I do believe that there is a clause on customer requirements. ;)

Just my opinion.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
but registrar recently revised our documentation and citied that safety is not a quality objective; Does safety need to be removed?
Lorena, please tell the auditor working for the registrar you engaged with, to re-think his/her position. Occupational Health & Safety is outside the scope of ISO 9001 and a QMS but PRODUCT SAFETY is not. The reason ISO 9001 requires a QMS to ensure that product is compliant with statutory and legal requirements is exactly to "ensure" the product is safe. The way I read your quality policy, I see no problem whatsoever with the use of the word safety. There is no reason for you to remove that word, in my opinion.

Randy

Super Moderator
Sidney is correct and I'll add my lttle tid-bit...As long as you place the minimum required information in your policy you can add anything else you want and say it any way you want.

Additionally, your registrar shouldn't be touching your documentation for any reason other than reviewing it against the requirements that must be met.

Don't change squat.:nope:

harry

Super Moderator
Many good advice so far - especially on the minimum content part which if I am not mistaken includes customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. As to the maximum, just look at the thread entitled: How many sentences does your Quality Policy statement contain?

Coming from a country where English is either second or third language, I can understand the rationale of Consultants or CB's if they choose to intervene in such issues. Many business owners set very good and meaningful policies in their mother tongue. Unfortunately, when translated it became not only tongue twisters, mouthfuls but jokes (just surf the net for some laughs if you want).

In the OP's case, it looks alright.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Quality Level Commitment Letter - What is it and any samples? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
T Quality Boundary Samples Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
Q 'Retained Quality Samples' from each manufacturing batch - Thoughts on this please ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
Howard Atkins Are production samples quality records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 12
A AQL - How to count samples with defects for each defect class AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 17
Z Labeling for Medical Device Samples - Surgical instruments 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
S Retained samples from each batch of spinal implant medical screws that we make ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Samples for GR&R - Can we get the 10 samples from multiple models Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
WEAVER Retention of golden samples for GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
K How Many Samples to send for Chemistry Testing Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
A Interpretation of Article 16 (2b) - Packaging, samples and Certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 10
A Generating samples from a population in Minitab Using Minitab Software 0
G How many samples you require to test during PQ for validation of a equipment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Help develop sampling plan for prototype samples (medical devices) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
K UDI Labeling for Medical Device Samples 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B Guidance Required for Examining 168 Hour Salt Spray Test Samples Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
bobdoering "nds" or Number of Discriminate Samples - the Necessary Tool to Work With "ndc"! Imported Legacy Blogs 0
E Requirements for sending Medical Device Samples to Indonesia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
Z Labeling Requirements for Free Samples supporting Clinical Evaluation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D Should Biocompatibility Tests be performed on Production Samples? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
R Customer Complaint - Samples vs. Removal - FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
GURU SDI Cleanliness Requirements for Initial Samples Customer Complaints 4
WEAVER Gage R&R Sample Selection - Can we include NG Samples? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
K Keeping the test samples in after market nlight alloy wheel production Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
K Initial Samples with dimensional deviation in Serial Production Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S Is Process Validated samples required for IND submission ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M Traceability of Tissue Samples US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
H Is design verification and validation required for samples accompanying the quotes ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M How to compare 2 independent samples having 3 factors 3 levels Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
R Is it possible to randomly select samples from 1 column to many column Using Minitab Software 2
S What is the minimum samples required for Customer Survey? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
D Samples & Inspection Check Sheet Templates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Superiority of Drawing vs First Samples Customer Complaints 9
L How calculate the number of samples Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
S Do I need to initiate a Customer Complaint for Engineering Samples? Customer Complaints 4
V EMEA/UK cGMPs Requirements for Pre-Shipment Samples, Input Materials US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
P Is the European directive, 2011/65/EU applicable for Engineering Samples? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
C Statistics equation to determine the number of samples in a lot Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Attribute MSA - Number of samples Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
J External Laboratory in ISO/TS 16949 - Maintenance oil samples IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Should PPAP Samples Come from a Production Run? APQP and PPAP 3
B Hypothesis Tests with nonparametric dependent population samples Using Minitab Software 5
S Samples for a Destructive Test included in a Lot Size? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
JodiB Is Metals Analysis of Water Samples considered "sampling"? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 15
V Process OQ for Medical Devices - Are Samples Required to be conditioned? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
0 Sample divider for PET flake bulk samples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
K Machine Press Tooling Operation Inspection Samples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
T Test of difference for mean for 2 samples Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
L I have four groups to compare, and each group has three samples Using Minitab Software 4
S Samples to be tested for Salmonella in United Kingdom Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 3