SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Saudi Arabia Technical File Requirements

jiligan

Involved In Discussions
I am currently working on a registration for Saudi Arabia and a 3rd party consulting group informed me that the KSA is putting into force the technical file requirements as laid out in MDS-G5. Stating that they submitted a registration in August for another company and the SFDA requested the complete technical file. This regulation was not supposed to go into effect until January 1, 2021and someone else stated that they thought the technical file requirement was extended to March 22, 2021? Does anyone know when this requirement is actually going into effect/went into effect? Has anyone submitted a registration for a class IIb/Class C device since August and if they were required to submit the complete technical file? I was under the assumption that I could submit the registration based on EU equivalency and that it did not include the complete technical file? Thank you for your help - it is greatly appreciated!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mikilk

Involved In Discussions
I am currently working on a registration for Saudi Arabia and a 3rd party consulting group informed me that the KSA is putting into force the technical file requirements as laid out in MDS-G5. Stating that they submitted a registration in August for another company and the SFDA requested the complete technical file. This regulation was not supposed to go into effect until January 1, 2021and someone else stated that they thought the technical file requirement was extended to March 22, 2021? Does anyone know when this requirement is actually going into effect/went into effect? Has anyone submitted a registration for a class IIb/Class C device since August and if they were required to submit the complete technical file? I was under the assumption that I could submit the registration based on EU equivalency and that it did not include the complete technical file? Thank you for your help - it is greatly appreciated!!
according to the official regulations in KSA, it is a new requirement that will be implemented soon (2021), currently, the authorities are doing a random inspection of a full technical file review, it happened to one of our clients - during the registration process the MOH asked for a full technical file, but we got the license a few days after we sent the file so we believe it was not a comprehensive review.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Different Authorized Representative and distributors in Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Saudi Arabia (KSA) - Medical Device Vigilance according to 93/42/CEE Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
C What if the foreign manufacturer of a medical device changes the Authorized Representative in Saudi Arabia? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
E Authorized Representative Change - Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
JoshuaFroud Saudi Arabia - Insistence on a signed NB audit report (When one does not exist) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 15
M Exporting Medical Devices to Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
R Saudi Arabia - Temperature Storage Requirements Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
M Is it possible to have more than one authorized representative in Saudi Arabia? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
K Saudi Arabia - Renewal of Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
K One time export to Saudi Arabia: SFDA and MDMA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Does Saudi Arabia mandate that a CE Mark for a Medical Device is Required? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 10
T FTC "Made In U.S.A" Labeling Rules vs. Saudi Arabia's "Country of Origin" Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
T Saudi Arabia and Dubai - Class III Medical Device Regulations? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 15
N Mandatory Language Requirements Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 12
B Register's Ownership in Iran, India, Jordan, Arab Saudi, Egypt Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 8
Colin Does anyone know anything about Saudi Arabian Certification Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
I SFDA (Saudi Food and Drug Authority) and MDMA Registration System Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
M General Precommisioning Procedure for Saudi Aramco Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
R New Saudi FDA Rules and Regulation for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
S MDDI article on UAE, Saudi, Belarus, Ukraine, Turkey, Russia Regulations Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Michael Malis New Saudi FDA Guidelines Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
K Technical file for MHRA - looking for assistance with self declaration Class I device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
H MD Technical Documentation and SALES possibility EU Medical Device Regulations 0
O Soft and technical skills for a VP of Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 1
A CE-IVD Technical File with Multiple IFUs EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A DMDIV-Variants : definition and technical documentation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M Office and manufacturing site relocation effect on Device Technical File CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R MDR & depth of technical files review by NB's EU Medical Device Regulations 18
P MDR/IVDR Annex III - Technical documentation on PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
DuncanGibbons Technical Data Package vs Digital Product Definition APQP and PPAP 0
D Hospital Decontamination and the MDR - Technical Files, UDI and PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 3
F Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Technical File Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S Technical File for Surgical Mask in Class 1 MDD Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 1
A Technical File - Updating Applied Standards EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M What to be careful about/focus on when doing a Technical File review EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Watchcat Anyone had an MDR technical file review/audit yet? EU Medical Device Regulations 13
G Same intended use devices - Technical file EU Medical Device Regulations 5
I Maintaining Technical Documentation under MDD and MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Basic UDI and technical documentation EU Medical Device Regulations 1
B Clause 5.1.12 of Technical Standard IEC 62304/A1 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
V Iso13485 certification vs CE technical audit ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
F Management of Software version while NB reviews Technical file CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
D Risk Analysis & Technical File - What detail goes in the Risk Management Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
F Recommended practice for furnishing Technical Procedures ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
S How to find technical specification for facilities maintainance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
L Special Processes - Technical reason concerning torque - Anaerobic compounds Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
N Technical file requirements class 1 device MDR Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
R Implementing Design History Documents/ Technical Documents in the QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Change in BRH (Brazilian Registration Holder) Technical Manager Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C Maintenance of Product Technical Documentation EU Medical Device Regulations 3