Scaffolding Service - ISO 9001 Clause 7.3 Design and development process

T

Thomas Kurian

Is clause 7.3 - design and development process- of ISO 9001:2000 (8) applicable for a Scaffolding supply and servicing company? Can anyone explain about this subject?

Thanks and regards

Thomas

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Clause 7.3 & scaffolding Service

Is clause 7.3 - design and development process- of ISO 9001:2000 (8) applicable for a Scaffolding supply and servicing company? Can anyone explain about this subject?

Thanks and regards

Thomas

Thomas,

If you are not involved with designing and developing scaffolding, then 7.3 does not apply to you. You must justify this exclusion in your Quality Manual though.

Stijloor.

T

Thomas Kurian

Re: Clause 7.3 & scaffolding Service

Thanks Mr. Stijloor..................
we have excluded this clause but few of our scaffolding we erected as per drawings. Auditor is suggesting that eventhough there is no drawing, we cannot fully exclude this clause. Because design of scaffold is already exists before it erects. I have gone through many scaffolding companies manual and found this cluase is excluded. Therefore I would like to know how this clause is applicable to scaffolding.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
My litmus test question would be: does your company decide the sizing of the materials used to meet certain load bearing requirements, or does the customer give you the "drawings" or materials that each component is to be made of?

If your company decides to use X" members for the support, Y" size members for the uprights, and Z" size members for cross bracing, you are the ones that are designing this product. :2cents:

Top Bottom